Play Ukulele Today! Workshop Tour (taught by James Hill!!!)

Rubbertoe

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just heard that James Hill will be teaching workshops all over Canada in April. From April 17-25, 2009 James will be giving ukulele workshops in Halifax, Toronto, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver. Each two-hour workshop is geared for casual strummers and music educators alike.

There's some info on the Ukulele in the Classroom website here

Hooray!

I wish I was Canadian... :(

Here's hoping he does a US workshop tour sometime (if he does, he'd better stop by the DC area).

I wish people would make it to Ottawa, we always seem to miss out!
I would be at that workshop in a second!
Any way I might be able to help organize him to come here?

:shaka:

I wish I was Canadian... :(

REALLY?

I'd love to visit Halifax and watch James in action, somewhere back in my family tree I have wild Scottish blood via Nova Scotia. Just a poi dog otherwise.

OMG! Hopefully, I can make it to his Toronto one...

I wish people would make it to Ottawa, we always seem to miss out!
I would be at that workshop in a second!
Any way I might be able to help organize him to come here?

:shaka:

I remember seeing on his website that he'll be in Ottawa twice over the course of the summer... once for a free series of concerts at the Museum of Civilization, and once for the Folk(?) Festival in late August. You should check out his website, but I remember seeing those for sure... I'm planning to try and catch him in August while I visit some friends in Ottawa, so I certainly HOPE I wasn't making that up.

But hey, I'm in the same boat. Calgary is just a tad too far for me to drive this week, much as I'd love to do a workshop.

This is probably one of the few times it pays to be Canadian in the ukulele world. ;)

That's sweet. But I gotta wait until May 3rd to see him in Ottawa. I can't really go to the Toronto one since I have an exam the next day, haha

Best. Ukulele. Teacher. Ever.

The workshop was great! I met a lot of great players and James is a fantastic teacher. Go and see him if you can!

Attachments

• James Hill.jpg
    James Hill.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom