Hello, friends. Again.

Jon, count me among those who feel like I know you though we have never met. I am pleased to see that you will remain a part of UU and look forward to more of your excellent videos.

Is it time for my favorite quote from that ultra profound cinematic master oeuvre, Kung Fu Panda?

"Yesterday is History,

Tomorrow is a Mystery,

But TODAY is a gift!

That's why it's called the PRESENT."

What a wonderful gift you provide to UU by your presence.

Glad you came to your senses and got your raggedy ass back here. If you haven't figured it out yet you have meant a great deal to a great many people. One sure fired way to forgot our problems is to focus on helping others, this is something you have instinctively done here.

A hermit's life will only lead you down the road of depression. There is a reason why they say there is safety in numbers, the devil loves a loner, easy prey. Take comfort in knowing you are not the only one suffering from the afflictions you have listed. There are lots of us of here fighting our own personal battles and demons. You are a smart man to come in out of the cold and bathe in the warmth of sincere friendship that you so richly deserve. Know that you are loved and worthy of it.
Dave, you are the best. Wise. Truth. Friendship. I value you my friend. Thankyou
Yay! :) Welcome back, happy you decided to return. Don't worry about the past too much -- life happens right now, in the moment. And this moment is a good moment.

Which uke did you keep?
Yeah Mivo. Existentialism to the max. Thankyou brother. I think that is often a large part of my problem: continually stuck in a kind of purgatory , regretful of the past and fearful of the future. Thankyou for the good advice my friend. I love your contributions to the forum. Everytime you post - without exception.
Jon,
Although we don't know each other personally, I have enjoyed reading your posts and watching your videos since I joined last Oct.
So glad to see you have returned.

Johnson =)
And I yours, Johnson. many thanks for the welcome brother.
It is absolutely wonderful to see you back here my friend! For me, UU just isn't the same without you. All strength to you Jon, once the sun starts to shine in Tassie and things begin to warm-up I reckon it will put some wind back in your sails.
Please let me know if you are stuck without a uke and I'll send one down.
You're pretty much the most awesome bloke I've never met Cam. Your friendship means an enormous amount to me. And thankyou for the generous offer mate.
This outpouring of affection should help bring you back. You're witty repertoire is need here. Reload some of those videos...
Thanks Lenny, will do.
thank goodness you still have a uke - please pick it up, play it, sing something, video it, and get yourself over to the seasons AT ONCE!
OK Sarg!!!! xo
Just when you think you are out, UU pulls you back in!
Welcome back. Like the others, im glad I'll be able to see more of your contributions here.
Thanks very much Mark.
Welcome back. Lots of "Aloha" spirit here. I am glad you are back. With some luck, I'll actually remember that mountain goat is your new user name.
Cheers Phil. Well, at least until i change it again... :p
Welcome back Jon. You truly are an inspiration to so many here.

When you vanished, had I not been on the opposite side of the world, I would have been beating your door down, with a uke and some cans. Just remember, we are all here, a mouse-click away.

And for goodness sake, don't sell that last uke...:)
Your friendship is a blessing to me Steve. Always enjoy our communication and your music mate. I look forward to that day we can have a couple and jam. And no brother, won't be selling the Hollywood. Actually, I just got a second uke in the mail on Saturday morning: bought back my old Big Rusty so I have quickly lapsed straight back into overload. :p

Jon, it's great seeing you here again! I hope you know you're always welcome as an integral member of the batch of misfits at UU.
Thanks a lot mate. See you over at the seasons!
Jon, count me among those who feel like I know you though we have never met. I am pleased to see that you will remain a part of UU and look forward to more of your excellent videos.

Is it time for my favorite quote from that ultra profound cinematic master oeuvre, Kung Fu Panda?

"Yesterday is History,

Tomorrow is a Mystery,

But TODAY is a gift!

That's why it's called the PRESENT."

What a wonderful gift you provide to UU by your presence.
Aaaah, brother. Perfection. :) Thanks so much for the welcome back mate.

Whew, Glad to see you back. I too felt like something had been severed wth you gone. When I broke my back so many years ago doubling William Shatner, an old black lady who cleaned the rooms told me, after my moaning the blues of no more stunts and I'd rather be dead than make this change, was the good thing about change is we get to choose which direction the change is leading us to. It stuck with me thru the years.

May the changes in your life lead to growth and contentment. You being back has added that to this forum.

Sandy Bay is a long way South isn't it. Next stop Antarctica. Where I am is about level with the middle of Bass Strait. So I'm hanging out for some sunshine too.

I was hoping you were OK and am pleased to see you back. Looking forward to your next song. :D

Last edited:
So glad you are back. I was really worried, brother.

Brother Jon,

I share the sentiments of what everyone else has said above, and it seems that we are all of a hive-mind in appreciation of the magnificent Jon Duncan. :)

Jon, please know that you are loved by many folks here on UU (including myself), not only for your gifts that you selflessly share here with us, but also for whatever faults and challenges you must endure, for to all of us, we do not see them as faults, but instead as many facets of your dignified character and evidence of your personal integrity.

I know not of the specific challenges that you are forced to endure, nor the details, (and I thank you for making this humble thread to tell us what happened to you) but the one thing that I have learned from the ukulele and the community here, is that the wellspring of joy is ever-flowing, once you open yourself to it.

I can only hope that the world of music is a constant flow in your life and provides you with the necessary tools in order to make your life more enjoyable, if not only just easier.

I am so glad you came back. I really missed you here. Please count me as a friend for life, come what may, no matter how bad it gets.

My own life is filled with constant distress, but the one thing that keeps me going is the music.

I hope that the music, in whatever form, and your poetry, both give you the renewable strength to keep going on to future tomorrows.

It's futile to look back and waste time on regrets, the here-and-now is so much more important, and time will create a new, different, maybe even better history that you can look back on at some time in the future.

Life is too short to punish yourself for your past, and there's plenty of external influences around each of us that will do that anyway, usually with a persistent and malignant fervor and without permission.

I myself, like many here would be completely bereft with grief if you left this life, and/or the UU community permanently.

Sometimes pulling the rip-cord, or hitting the reset switch is necessary, and if doing so has led you back to the heart of this community, then it is all for the better.

If there is anything I can ever do for you, please PM me and I will help.

Your brother,

Booli

Welcome back Jon! I had the pleasure of dealing with you through a recent uke transaction. I consider this instrument my good luck charm towards creating great art, as you inspire so many to do! Hoping your music, poetry, and the UU community help you through this rough patch. All the best to you mate. Cheers!

I'm so glad you came back! This is one of the really good places to be. You're so obviously loved and cared for here, it touches my heart. Be well, and stay.

Just kidding. Welcome back! You must know that the lurker extraordinaire relies on people like you to provide the content that enables me to spend my waking hours on this forum.

Speaking of content, I was glad to see Little Martha back up on YT, but I'm missing the Map of Tasmania. All I've got now is that Amanda Palmer song which is kinda weak compared to yours.

You would be welcome to come over to my place anytime for coffee and cigarettes.

Aloha,
Greg

Hey Jon,

DownUpDave told me you came back to UU. So glad you came back ... I know you are well respected and loved here.

So many people were upset when you disappeared and hoped you were well.

I have been following you on YouTube ... you are quite talented my friend ... perhaps some of this pain will help you with your creative pursuits.

While we haven't met, I would consider you a Uke friend and look forward to more of your wisdom and antics.

Sending you energy and positive thoughts,

Simon

Whew, Glad to see you back. I too felt like something had been severed wth you gone. When I broke my back so many years ago doubling William Shatner, an old black lady who cleaned the rooms told me, after my moaning the blues of no more stunts and I'd rather be dead than make this change, was the good thing about change is we get to choose which direction the change is leading us to. It stuck with me thru the years.

May the changes in your life lead to growth and contentment. You being back has added that to this forum.
Thanks for the kind words of wisdom brother, and the welcome. I wish good things ahead for you too.
Sandy Bay is a long way South isn't it. Next stop Antarctica. Where I am is about level with the middle of Bass Strait. So I'm hanging out for some sunshine too.

I was hoping you were OK and am pleased to see you back. Looking forward to your next song. :D
Thanks pritch. Summer cometh. :)
So glad you are back. I was really worried, brother.
Your friendship means a lot Deb, thanks. xo
Brother Jon,

I share the sentiments of what everyone else has said above, and it seems that we are all of a hive-mind in appreciation of the magnificent Jon Duncan. :)

Jon, please know that you are loved by many folks here on UU (including myself), not only for your gifts that you selflessly share here with us, but also for whatever faults and challenges you must endure, for to all of us, we do not see them as faults, but instead as many facets of your dignified character and evidence of your personal integrity.

I know not of the specific challenges that you are forced to endure, nor the details, (and I thank you for making this humble thread to tell us what happened to you) but the one thing that I have learned from the ukulele and the community here, is that the wellspring of joy is ever-flowing, once you open yourself to it.

I can only hope that the world of music is a constant flow in your life and provides you with the necessary tools in order to make your life more enjoyable, if not only just easier.

I am so glad you came back. I really missed you here. Please count me as a friend for life, come what may, no matter how bad it gets.

My own life is filled with constant distress, but the one thing that keeps me going is the music.

I hope that the music, in whatever form, and your poetry, both give you the renewable strength to keep going on to future tomorrows.

It's futile to look back and waste time on regrets, the here-and-now is so much more important, and time will create a new, different, maybe even better history that you can look back on at some time in the future.

Life is too short to punish yourself for your past, and there's plenty of external influences around each of us that will do that anyway, usually with a persistent and malignant fervor and without permission.

I myself, like many here would be completely bereft with grief if you left this life, and/or the UU community permanently.

Sometimes pulling the rip-cord, or hitting the reset switch is necessary, and if doing so has led you back to the heart of this community, then it is all for the better.

If there is anything I can ever do for you, please PM me and I will help.

Your brother,

Booli
Such a beautiful post, brother. One thing I know, like you, is that this community is peerless in offering unconditional love and support to people in distress. And as an artist, the creative space is always a release and I would not have made it this far without it. Email coming mate. Cheers.
Welcome back Jon! I had the pleasure of dealing with you through a recent uke transaction. I consider this instrument my good luck charm towards creating great art, as you inspire so many to do! Hoping your music, poetry, and the UU community help you through this rough patch. All the best to you mate. Cheers!
Thanks so much Jodie. x
I'm so glad you came back! This is one of the really good places to be. You're so obviously loved and cared for here, it touches my heart. Be well, and stay.
Thankyou George.

Just kidding. Welcome back! You must know that the lurker extraordinaire relies on people like you to provide the content that enables me to spend my waking hours on this forum.

Speaking of content, I was glad to see Little Martha back up on YT, but I'm missing the Map of Tasmania. All I've got now is that Amanda Palmer song which is kinda weak compared to yours.

You would be welcome to come over to my place anytime for coffee and cigarettes.

Aloha,
Greg
Cheers Greg. Was awesome to spend a little time with you and Stan last year. Would be incredible to make it back one day. Know the offer is reciprocated. My door is always open to you brother..actually, given the appalling state of my lungs now, I've just started on the e.cigs...haven't made the full switch yet, but they're helping a little. Will put Map of Tas back up on the channel.
Welcome back bruddah Jon... Hope you find peace within you... take care man.. :)
Thanks mate. Good to be back. For those who who don't know, Stan was the first guy to take me under his wing when I joined in mid 2010. I'm sure many of you have a similar story. Loveliest, warmest hearted man I ever had the pleasure to meet. He showed me around Waikiki last year with Greg; they each put me up for several days and made that leg of my trip of the Hawaiian trek a total blessing.
Hey Jon,

DownUpDave told me you came back to UU. So glad you came back ... I know you are well respected and loved here.

So many people were upset when you disappeared and hoped you were well.

I have been following you on YouTube ... you are quite talented my friend ... perhaps some of this pain will help you with your creative pursuits.

While we haven't met, I would consider you a Uke friend and look forward to more of your wisdom and antics.

Sending you energy and positive thoughts,

Simon
Thanks a lot, Simon. For your encouragement and private correspondences of support. Proud to call you friend my brother.

Hi and welcome back Jon! Thanks for accepting my friend request. You've gotten some wonderful kudos and advice here. I'm not so eloquent as others, and I don't know you, but I've enjoyed your videos.
I've suffered from depression too, so I'd be preaching to the choir to give advice, like the blind leading the blind!
One of the things that beats the hell outta the dumps is playing my ukes.
Hang in here with us, UU isn't the same without our friend!
(Where the hell did you get the name mountain goat? LOL)

Hi and welcome back Jon! Thanks for accepting my friend request. You've gotten some wonderful kudos and advice here. I'm not so eloquent as others, and I don't know you, but I've enjoyed your videos.
I've suffered from depression too, so I'd be preaching to the choir to give advice, like the blind leading the blind!
One of the things that beats the hell outta the dumps is playing my ukes.
Hang in here with us, UU isn't the same without our friend!
(Where the hell did you get the name mountain goat? LOL)

oh, I love you man. xo And yeah mate, agreed. Sitting here with my self destructive vices tonight and doing exactly that. Mountain goat? Just seemed right at the moment of registering. Lonely, isolated, gets into ridiculous situations, exists on a different plane and etc etc etc. plus They're a ****ing awesome band. Thanks Nickie.

Top Bottom