Hello

WoodTom

Reaction score
Hello to you all. My introduction given here is focused on my fascination of the ukulele. My name is WoodTom. I am a woodturner, based in Germany, which is so-to-speak my "third life". Only 1,5 years ago, I learned about ukuleles in general when looking for a fun instrument to play together with my teenage daughter. Well, she has been so-so interested, but I got addicted and dove into the topic. Besides playing a ML tenor built by Jerry Hoffman, I have built 2 tenors under Pete Howlett's guidance, a fantastic experience (thank you so much Pete), and now I mostly play those. Still at the beginning to understand the scope of the "jumping flea", I keep up the learning curve.
I also learn to play chalumeau/clarinet, just to extend the scope. Both go well together with stringed instruments. Cheers

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to the Forum, Tom!

Welcome WoodTom! Germany is awesome. I have family near Stuttgart. It's lovely there

Hi turtledrum, I live near Mainz or Frankfurt which is better known. Quite a ways from Munich though.
Yes, I do enjoy the Forum and draw lots of information from it.
Nice people on it, and fun!!:)

Hi turtledrum, I live near Mainz or Frankfurt which is better known. Quite a ways from Munich though.
Yes, I do enjoy the Forum and draw lots of information from it.
Nice people on it, and fun!!:)

Yes, Tom, you are a distance from my family! I would love to see photos of ukes you've built!

Hi turtledrum, here come pictures of the second one, which I built in September. It is myrtle back and sides, bearclaw spruce soundboard, macassar ebony fretboard and binding, tulipwood/macore neck, amboina burl headstock veneer, tonavus and end pin. It has been a lot of fun to build it at Pete's workshop under his and Tommys guidance.

DSCF4677.jpgDSCF4678.jpg

Lovely uke. Welcome to UU. Just had another new member, Gerald, who took the course. Fascinating! Something I would love to do someday.

Top Bottom