Kafka Announces its Plans for 2016

I am sooo glad you decided on the Ohtha San, fantastic instrument. I really do like that model and it will be between that, a super concert or tenor for my 2016 purchase. Please do a big glowing NUD post once you have spent some time with it, That one will deserve it. Sorry for the thread jack guys.

Thanks Dave :) After much um-ing and er-ing (as you know!), I decided that the discount I was being offered was too good an opportunity to miss. I'll definitely post some pics when I get it, and I'll look forward to hearing what you decide to go for in 2016 - so many lovely options!

A quick search implies that the Kamaka D2I models have already been introduced to the Asian market. As far as I can tell, at a price well over $3K.

This my thinking too. I've got an Ohta San on order (OHMYGODIAMSOEXCITED), and although I'm sure the 100th anniversary models will be gorgeous, I'm buying this uke to play and I hope I'll never want, or need, to sell it. I can't justify paying anymore than I already am.

That is awesome, can't wait to see your review pics/video once you receive it! Congratulations!

That is awesome, can't wait to see your review pics/video once you receive it! Congratulations!

Thanks Ukuleleden, I can't wait! Only about 1500 hours to go, not that I'm counting... ;)

My Kafka was fine until one day it turned into a giant cockroach. I sent it back.

time goes quickly. less than 15 days left to know the 100 anniversary model. I've already send order of a HF3D2I Spruce top. get such stock model in 2016 is also a nice unique uke.

DSC00132.jpg
2015 is the year of Anniversary: 50th year after Ohta-san Bellshape model was created. I ordered a special "Anniversary Model" by kk and my idea's design of inlay on Ebony fretboard. the Uke will be ready in Jan, 2016

time goes quickly. less than 15 days left to know the 100 anniversary model. I've already send order of a HF3D2I Spruce top. get such stock model in 2016 is also a nice unique uke.

Congratulations! I'd love to see pics and a sound sample if you can, when you receive it. Your Ohta-San looks like it will be beautiful.

Wow... I ignored this thread because it said Kafka and I do like philosophy! Though, Kafka was just a writer, not philosopher.

Petey

Last edited:
SORRY... too much philosophy tonight. That was Nietzsche that I was quoting. hehe

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I knew it was either Neitzsche or Dr. Phil.

Now I can sleep.

I asked Ohta-san himself to sign the label for me as an "Anniversary Model" by myself. He is so nice. looking forward to seeing it soon when it is ready for shipment from Kamaka Hawaii.

my 50th Anniversary Ohta-san Kamaka Ukulele is here. very beautiful Koa with "blonde" I desire. however since recent years, Deluxe model has no longer figured grain as in the past. Pink MoP inlay brings the uke life and "falling sakura" has some melody movement on the fret board. I'm lucky to get a Anniversary Logo hardcase. They're just available this month.
IMG_4660.jpgIMG_4661.jpgIMG_4662.jpgIMG_4678.jpgIMG_4659.jpg

Congratulations! I'd love to see pics and a sound sample if you can, when you receive it. Your Ohta-San looks like it will be beautiful.

I just posted some photos of my new Ohta-san Kamaka Ukulele. it's a beauty as well as the sound.

Top Bottom