Looking to book a show or two in the San Luis Obispo area 11/13-14-15/15

rufustf

Reaction score
Hi-

I'll be travelling through the area with a 6 piece ukulele ensemble, "Tiny tiny strings" (5 ukes + bass) the weekend of 11/13-14-15/15 en route to a wedding gig we have in Carmel.

This group features excellent vocalists and players, all of which have performed professionally, and some of us are full-time multi-instrumentalists and performers. We're looking to pick up a few more shows, preferably the fri/sat eves that weekend though we're open to sunday brunch as well. We'll be staying at the Madonna though unfortunately the live music in their bar is already booked.

Included within the group is also "The King Kukulele Show" (Denny, aka "King Kukulele") is a member of the Tiny Tiny Strings. He'd be backed up by myself on lap steel and our bass player. So, two acts in one!

We're looking at local pubs, wineries, etc. and are also open to doing a house concert as well. If there are any folks on the forum that have any suggestions or ties to the ukulele community in the area please let me know.
Jason
jason@myersmaniamusic.com

Hi-

I'll be travelling through the area with a 6 piece ukulele ensemble, "Tiny tiny strings" (5 ukes + bass) the weekend of 11/13-14-15/15 en route to a wedding gig we have in Carmel.

This group features excellent vocalists and players, all of which have performed professionally, and some of us are full-time multi-instrumentalists and performers. We're looking to pick up a few more shows, preferably the fri/sat eves that weekend though we're open to sunday brunch as well. We'll be staying at the Madonna though unfortunately the live music in their bar is already booked.

Included within the group is also "The King Kukulele Show" (Denny, aka "King Kukulele") is a member of the Tiny Tiny Strings. He'd be backed up by myself on lap steel and our bass player. So, two acts in one!

We're looking at local pubs, wineries, etc. and are also open to doing a house concert as well. If there are any folks on the forum that have any suggestions or ties to the ukulele community in the area please let me know.
Jason
jason@myersmaniamusic.com

I have good friends who live in Cambria and have hosted house concerts. Another good friend was part-owner of a winery in Paso Robles. She lives in Tucson but still has close ties there. I'll share this with them if that's OK. Also, have you thought of contacting the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance (the trade association of wineries there)?

Thanks, I'd appreciate that! I'll follow up on those suggestions as well. There are some you tube clips of the larger group (tiny strings) though I feel the smaller group is a more refined sound. If you search my name (Jason Myers) + ukulele + tiny strings on YouTube you can hear a bit of it.

Top Bottom