Kala KA-SRT-CTG-CE - Electro Tenor with comfort edge - review

bazmaz

Reaction score
I had a chance to play one of these at the Uke NJ 3! Festival in Morristown, NJ on Aug 29th. The vendor from Pennsylvania, 'Funky Frets' had a display area with this uke, and many others. I liked the playability and the tone was very sweet and full. That display model had the Aquila SuperNylguts on it, and with them, the sound was very nice.

Like you, I'm not one for bling either, but the visuals of this series of Cedar/Acacia/Rosewood/Padauk 'KA-ATP' ukes that Kala has been making the past few yrs, really catches my eye.

Thanks for the great review Baz! :)

Yeah - really like what Kala is putting out recently

I was right there with Booli fondling this uke and it is currently at the top of my lust-list. I'm in love with my current Kala cedar top tenor and this uke seems to be a fitting upgrade.
I'm sure there are people who would question the wisdom of spending in the neighborhood of $600 for a Kala. I can tell you I'd have no reservations.

I was right there with Booli fondling this uke and it is currently at the top of my lust-list. I'm in love with my current Kala cedar top tenor and this uke seems to be a fitting upgrade.
I'm sure there are people who would question the wisdom of spending in the neighborhood of $600 for a Kala. I can tell you I'd have no reservations.

Hey brother! That was great- wasn't it?

Now if Kala made one of the ATP Cedar/Padauk models in pineapple shape and tenor or even baritone scale, that would push lots of buttons for me, but the nearest thing I've seen is NOT a Kala (and double the price of this one, i.e. Pono and Mango not cedar). But yeah these are sweet and I'm glad you are enjoying yours :music:

If you get joy from the instrument - what does it matter the naysayers?

Well - it certainly pleases me when a ukulele I really rate highly has that effect!

Another great review from the Baz man.....makes me want one.

Well after reading this review, I asked Mim to try and bring one to TBUG. I don't own a tenor, but I think I could get used to this one. As far as the money, who cares if you like it, and you didn't use the rent money to buy it.

Oh how I so agree that the Kala Solid wood models are gems that offer a well-constructed quality spec'd instrument that competes and often exceeds against many higher priced offerings. I brought my Cedar-topped KA-ATP-CTG-CE to a Uke group get together just recently and had so many people comment on it's great sound.

Top Bottom