Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-1932 Martin 3K on FMM

Default Pre-1932 Martin 3K on FMM

Gorgeous pre-32 Martin 3K on FMM. Seems well-priced at $4,500, but not my area of expertise. I can't "jump" on it unless I want to be single tomorrow, which I don't. ;-)

Curious as to what our Martin buffs think?
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

I hope the store finds a buyer for the probably perfect Martin 3K. That would inspire me to relist my 3 3Ms at 1/3 the price.

I have a near-pristine 1923 Martin 3k (koa) that I would sell for $3500.

The FMM price seems high to me.

Jake's is right near me, I will have to take a drive over and stop in to see this beauty in person...

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    I have a near-pristine 1923 Martin 3k (koa) that I would sell for $3500.

The FMM price seems high to me.
    Steve, definitely your wheelhouse, not mine so I'm sure you're right. Were I even remotely able to buy I would have checked with you first. Have these come way down like the Style 0's and 1's have?
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Quote Originally Posted by ukuleleden View Post
    Jake's is right near me, I will have to take a drive over and stop in to see this beauty in person...
    Would love to hear your thoughts.

not sure what the value for these..as still many out there....I asked Stan to chime in....he might have a better idea...

I know the super old 5K tenors are gone...maybe only 2 or 3 left...they go for big money....
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

Took a ride into Beacon, forget about even getting near Main Street on a Saturday. I took 3 passes before giving up finding parking anywhere close. I'll try again another day should they still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ukuleleden View Post
    Took a ride into Beacon, forget about even getting near Main Street on a Saturday. I took 3 passes before giving up finding parking anywhere close. I'll try again another day should they still have it.
    Ukuleleden, if you are interested in a Martin 3K, I would sell you mine for $1000 less than the one on FMM. It's in amazing condition. Why selling? I need dough for a Muni (mountain unicycle), and I have a few Martins as it is (see signature ...lol). Also, Gibson Style 3. PM if interested (with your email) for photos. Cheers, Steve
    Martin Sopranos: 0M: 30, 64 ---
    1M: 22Dit, 23Dit, 24Dit, 49, 55--1K 26
    2M: 22, 23Dit, 23Dit, 49, 60, 12 --- 2K: 25, 12
    3M: 25, 48, 55x2, 12(ch) 3K: 29
    The Gibsons: Styles 2&3 28;1&2&3x3 27;UB1 25
    Tonk American 28; Favilla 55; Smeck Vita 30; Kamaka Gold Deluxe 60
    Kiwaya Thinline KS-0P Soprano; Gretsch American 30
    Covered Bridge Honduran Hog tenor
    Pono Maple Tenor, BE Acacia Bari & MS Sop

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    Ukuleleden, if you are interested in a Martin 3K, I would sell you mine for $1000 less than the one on FMM. It's in amazing condition. Why selling? I need dough for a Muni (mountain unicycle), and I have a few Martins as it is (see signature ...lol). Also, Gibson Style 3. PM if interested (with your email) for photos. Cheers, Steve
    Hi Steve!

Thanks for the kind offer, but no I am not in the market for any investment grade (read big $$) vintage instruments. Since I was close driving distance, I was simply going to look at a fine instrument like that in-person

-UD

Thread Information