Seson 192 Video Games Killed the Radio Star

Nice one Kelly............blimey I remember me and my four brothers getting this Atari shared Christmas present and world war three would break out if we didn't each get a fair turn (usually resulting in a big pile up and mum breaking us up and pulling the plug out) .........no blood guts or gore just a blop blop noise and moving a line up and down but it would keep us amused for hours .(Mums other bad idea one Christmas was a shared dart board.......the target if someone had cheated was generally the forehead) Lol

Last edited:
I had this one in the holster and with a busy week ahead I thought it was the perfect time to pull it out. This maybe my first Beatles cover, I'm not sure because we have had so many weeks now. This is a great theme and I looked at learning a video game music theme like Donkey Kong but as I said, the time just isn't there. Thanks for an awesome theme and some lax rules, it's all about the music.

From 'The Beatles, Rock Band'

Last edited:
Big Daddy Uker told me this one is on the list. I LOVE Midnight Oil and I'm working on it. You know it's going to be shorter than the original. Hope to get Curt to play some cajon.
Have a look at the original. I love the way Peter dances. In a live concert version he ends up dancing on a 10m stack of amplifiers!

Big Daddy Uker told me this one is on the list. I LOVE Midnight Oil and I'm working on it. You know it's going to be shorter than the original. Hope to get Curt to play some cajon.
Have a look at the original. I love the way Peter dances. In a live concert version he ends up dancing on a 10m stack of amplifiers!

Can't see this video in the UK Brian...........the restrictions here are bloody ridiculous at times grrrrr

Last edited:
I am told that this song was included in the Rock Band series, and who am I to argue. Any excuse to play a song by The Buzzcocks. Still going strong, I saw them this year, 36 years after the previous time. I really need to see them more often.

And for the second one of the day, something by another band I saw about 36 years ago, which turned up in one of the Guitar Hero games. No heroics from me though.

Last edited:
Have anyone played the videogame "A Bards Tale"?

I really wanted to do the old "Charlie Mopps - the man who invented beer" song which features in it.
I even found four different suggestions for chords for it to gave it a try, but I realize that I'm too slow a learner to get it right before I leave for vacation in a few days.
Perhaps someone else like the song and gives it a try :)

I hope I will manage to participate in some other Season challenge soon, I have not yet.

Last edited:
This version may also be somewhat influenced by the Proclaimers' cover. I had a really hard time stopping myself from singing "Kang o' tha Rood."

There's another wonderful weekly theme group on Facebook that I wish I had more time for ... (one is enough, really!) ... Theme Music. It's just like Seasons of the Ukulele, but not limited to ukes. After we chose the song, I checked the theme there ... and was thrilled to discover it is "IN THE KNOW" ... songs with the word "Know" in the title! Score! So - how cool is that?! - we get to bring it there too.

I tried to join that group some time ago but I was never approved. Request still "pending."

Have anyone played the videogame "A Bards Tale"?

I really wanted to do the old "Charlie Mopps - the man who invented beer" song which features in it.
I even found four different suggestions for chords for it to gave it a try, but I realize that I'm too slow a learner to get it right before I leave for vacation in a few days.
Perhaps someone else like the song and gives it a try :)

I hope I will manage to participate in some other Season challenge soon, I have not yet.
i just checked that out it's great!

i love songs about beer!

:cheers:

here's footage of it on youtube...

one time when i was a kid i went on holiday with my parents... clacton? bognor? someplace like that......... i may not be able to remember exactly where i was but i can remember what i was doing - every chance i got i would go to the arcade at the seafront and play sky raider!

i say that like i totally still knew the game's name, but i cannot tell you how much googling it has taken me, to equate "oh google, a million years ago i played some kind of aircraft-bombing-stuff arcade game, i loved it, what WAS it???" into the answer, sky raider!

here's what a typical screen looked like

BEVS%20SCORE_zps2g5irxx8.png

:cool:

and here's a little homemade song for the season

one time when i was a kid i went on holiday with my parents... clacton? bognor? someplace like that......... i may not be able to remember exactly where i was but i can remember what i was doing - every chance i got i would go to the arcade at the seafront and play sky raider!

i say that like i totally still knew the game's name, but i cannot tell you how much googling it has taken me, to equate "oh google, a million years ago i played some kind of aircraft-bombing-stuff arcade game, i loved it, what WAS it???" into the answer, sky raider!

here's what a typical screen looked like

BEVS%20SCORE_zps2g5irxx8.png

:cool:

Air Attack? That was my first thought. I never heard of Sky Raider!

Last edited:

Well, I'm coming to the conclusion that I can't learn Yes' song "Homeworld" from the game of the same name in time for this Season. And Molly never agitated for a gaming system, so I don't know the songs from many games. (Molly and I did "Welcome to the Zoo" from the Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo game for the guilty pleasures Season.) So I guess I'm going with something from the Rock Star list...

I tried to join that group some time ago but I was never approved. Request still "pending."

Say what? That's weird ... I got in pretty quick way back when, a million years ago, and no one knew me there. I will go give some admin a nudge for you.

[Okay, I just did that ... hopefully they'll just go ahead and approve you now.]

Last edited:
Here is one from your Beatles Rock Band List. Having a heck of a time getting anything done up here in the mountains.

Top Bottom