Not plucking

UkeleleFrank6

Reaction score
Is the Ukulele just for strumming across the strings?
I was watching some You Tube clips and the playing does not seem to use plucking like a guitar. So is that correct, the Ukulele is just for strumming across the strings ?
Thank you.

Welcome,

If you watch more videos, you will see that people play the uke using infinite styles, here is ukulelezaza plucking and strumming:

Pluck, pick, strum, tweak, hammer on, pull off... whatever it takes to get the sound you want out of it. I started plucking and finger picking before I started strumming the ukulele not that I'm any damn good at it but I enjoy it. Been working on strumming patterns for a few months now and I'm still far behind.

This is likely because I was learning to finger pick guitar many years ago. Not that I ever got very good it. Even so it took me many months to get my fingers to move again. I found the chords in key sheets from uncle rods ukulele boot camp to help me greatly. Now if I would only learn everything past the first page lol.

Are you an old guitar player or new to instruments in general?

And also Clawhammer and Campagnolo! (I dunno if I spelled it right)

Is the Ukulele just for strumming across the strings?
I was watching some You Tube clips and the playing does not seem to use plucking like a guitar. So is that correct, the Ukulele is just for strumming across the strings ?
Thank you.

My primary playing style is finger picking. I supplement my classical guitar playing with uke playing, or is it the other way around?
I prefer finger picking over strumming but I do like to add a few strums in when picking on some songs.

here is an nice example of quality finger picking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3uZAAjqDsc

Top Bottom