Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

This afternoon, I have watched Andy Murray being knocked out of the Men's Doubles at Wimbledon and the English Women's Football/Soccer team missing out on a Bronze Medal to Sweden. It only takes Geraint Thomas to fall of his bike on the first day of the Tour de France and my day will be complete! Up the Brits, I say!!!

It's not surprising that Murray's been knocked out, he's been playing on his own as far as the BBC are concerned!

At least the Aussies are struggling in the cricket

Apologies Val :D. Oh, well, Tour De France has started so my cup runneth over. France probably has as good a chance in a long time of actually having a French winner too.

I don't post here often, but I'll say this. This is my birthday, which makes me 51 today. Can I have a shout-out here, so I know I'm not by myself?

And another miracle! Having just overcome my excitement at our AMAZING victory over Australia in the cricket, I have just found out that the uke which I ordered last year from Wunderkammer in Bristol, England (Liam Kirby) is about to be started! This is probably the only commissioned uke I will ever have and Liam has promised to keep me up-to-date with photos of the build ... where am I supposed to post these? It's (going to be) a mahogany large-bodied tenor, tuned dGBE, which is, apparently, how Martin first intended the tenor to be tuned when they introduced it. Here is a clip of Liam playing one ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom