Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

BTW folks, the reason I am asking is because I saw a relatively inexpensive concert sized banjo uke on wish.com tonight! Thought I would share in case any of you all wanted one as well.

i totally agree. worse case scenario is you might have to tune down a step or half a step or something for the strings to feel comfy, often i find you don't know quite what pitch steel strings will be happiest at, it sould be simple maths related to the scale length, but experience tells me it's more weird and random than that! but if you found you did have to tune down a bit, the answer, assuming you weren't happy with tuning down, would be to try a lighter gauge set

If you tune down, you can always use a capo to put it back to GCEA. I do that quite often with my 6 string tenor. Capo 2 = instant retuning to ADF#B. Those who get sniffy about a capo don't seem to recognise this.

If you tune down, you can always use a capo to put it back to GCEA. I do that quite often with my 6 string tenor. Capo 2 = instant retuning to ADF#B. Those who get sniffy about a capo don't seem to recognise this.
oh that is a great idea! :worship:

Just noticed Billie Eilish has a uke song on her album called 8. her voice is bad on it though. Just warning you all. Don't shoot the messenger! :p
nice vocal here

yeah, she can sing. Her voice was just bad on that one album track. Was significantly better in the carpool karaoke vid you shared.

BTW, there is a 64 bit plug-in that is sort of cool called backmask that is now donation-ware. It does a spooky reversing of audio files. I have yet to record my satanic messages in reverse though to test it out. https://freakshowindustries.com/

BTW, if you haven't heard her brother's solo music I highly recommend it. His name is FINNEAS and it's on youtube and spotify. His music has an intimate quality like Billie's vocals. I have listened to five tracks so far and was mind-blown by each one.

yeah, she can sing. Her voice was just bad on that one album track. Was significantly better in the carpool karaoke vid you shared.

BTW, there is a 64 bit plug-in that is sort of cool called backmask that is now donation-ware. It does a spooky reversing of audio files. I have yet to record my satanic messages in reverse though to test it out. https://freakshowindustries.com/

I wish I'd had that when I did the cover of the Rutles "Piggy in the Middle". I could have inserted the backward message from the original: "This little piggy went to market."

Bosendorfer pianos are extremely highly regarded and the price reflects it, but I just saw one they had on display at NAMM that was one of 21 that they will make that have gold leaf throughout the inside of the lid. Looked profoundly regal. My thinking is if you ask about the price then you probably can't afford it!

bosendorfer-secession-214VC-side_Post-1.jpg

I'm afraid something awful has happened during my time in Tasmania....

Last edited:
how terrible. I hate not being able to find a cap opener!

I found a camera I can afford to get next month that is a pretty good deal IMHO. It costs double what my webcam did but at least I don't need a driver for it to work. I still have my mic set up so I am not concerned about getting a mic for it right away. Opinions? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z3BKFQW/ref=psdc_172421_t2_B014X23ATS

how terrible. I hate not being able to find a cap opener!

I found a camera I can afford to get next month that is a pretty good deal IMHO. It costs double what my webcam did but at least I don't need a driver for it to work. I still have my mic set up so I am not concerned about getting a mic for it right away. Opinions? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z3BKFQW/ref=psdc_172421_t2_B014X23ATS

It looks like a package with a lot in it.
I never heard of the brand "Linnse", and googling for their website doesn't seem to give the kind of results I would hope for. It doesn't say how big the sensor is, what the aperture is etc.

Personally I would go for a still camera of a reputable brand, that also shoots video, and transfer the files after recording.
But if you value being able to connect it as a web cam and you are on a tight budget, this might suite your needs better.
I notice that it mentions a some features that are perhaps not that important.
Like 16xdigital zoom. I guess digital zoom makes more sense for video than for stills, but I guess you are going to place the camera to frame the shot right.
24 MP sensor. You dont need 24 MP for 1080p. Perhaps for the digital zoom part, but the extra pixels makes the area of the pixels on the sensor smaller, for worse lowlight performance.
The screen. Really handy if you are shooting while it is not connected as a webcam but if it is you could save that, and get a webcam where more efforts has been put into reliability.

If you want the freedom to attach a microphone and record away from your PC, with the screen to see yourself and all, it is an amazing package, though it is hard to tell the quality.
If you just want to record with it attached to your PC, I would go for the "less is more" and get something with less features where all the value has been put into making a camera to do just that.

kk. I'll look into another pocket camera then as well. I won't be doing audio with the camera but do like that it has a port unlike the panasonics that cost at least 50 dollars more for a refurbished unit. This one is cheap, but the features I liked most were the 60 fps at 720 along with the flippable screen FWIW.

kk. I'll look into another pocket camera then as well. I won't be doing audio with the camera but do like that it has a port unlike the panasonics that cost at least 50 dollars more for a refurbished unit. This one is cheap, but the features I liked most were the 60 fps at 720 along with the flippable screen FWIW.

Flippable screen is indeed nice to have, as is the mic input. It might be worth the gamble.

I am just spooked when something looks too good to be true and is from a brand you can't find information on online.

Top Bottom