Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

we won in '97 with "love shine a light"... 22 years ago. the guys doing the bbc semi-finals coverage said france haven't won in 42 years, and on saturday graham said winners holland last won in 1975, 44 years ago. and of course recently portugal won for the first time ever, in their 49th eurovision appearance. there are, these days, typically around 40 countries that take part evey year - which would suggest we can all expect to win roughly once evey 40 years, if we all do equally well. only 18 more years to wait, UK! :rock:

D’oh! What am I saying, not won it since the 80s??? Of course, it was the 90s. Bring Sir Cliff out of retirement, that’s what I say.

if the wondrous :bowdown: bonnie tyler cannot bring it home for us, i dunno who can!!! i'd love to see morrissey represent the UK, although i understand he's not keen on the idea, i can't think why, he's such a happy cheerful soul, you'd think a gigantic europop party would be right up his street! :rolleyes: who else can save us... erasure! :rock: or maybe depeche mode if they've got a quiet couple of weeks one May. oh no hold on a minute............... bananarama!!!!!!!!!! oh, girls, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nana:

Oasis are said to only be willing to reform if the ghost of Terry Wogan visits the Gallagher brothers pleading with them to bring Euro vision home.

I think its grabbing at straws to blame 'B'...

Voting has been political for some years, added to which we've only been playing at entering for some years. The result has little to do song or singer and everything to do with the spectacle. All of these things. I expected us to do badly but to do so badly. Just 3 points from the public vote! Sorry, the B word just has to be a factor. Not the sole story but a factor and a not insignificant one. We are the laughing stock of Europe right now.

However, if sometime in the future someone decides they are really going to set out to win and analyses what it takes to win and determinedly sets out to win, then we'll win. It might take a few attempts to do it but they'll get there.

Last edited:
Oasis are said to only be willing to reform if the ghost of Terry Wogan visits the Gallagher brothers pleading with them to bring Euro vision home.
what do blur need?

Maybe The Spencer Davis Group, that'd be fun! :D
i hope not with "i can't stand it", oh no, it has to be a new song, thank goodness for that!

maybe katrina could come back and help out, she belted out "Love shine a light" magnificently on the UK you-decide-what-song programme this year - although watching mans zelmerlow join the three remaining members of the original bucks fizz line up on the same show, for a fantastic and hilarious rendition of "making your mind up", THAT combo would be brill too!!!!!!

what do blur need?

i hope not with "i can't stand it", oh no, it has to be a new song, thank goodness for that!

maybe katrina could come back and help out, she belted out "Love shine a light" magnificently on the UK you-decide-what-song programme this year - although watching mans zelmerlow join the three remaining members of the original bucks fizz line up on the same show, for a fantastic and hilarious rendition of "making your mind up", THAT combo would be brill too!!!!!!

A sponsorship deal for Alex James' cheese farm

Voting has been political for some years, added to which we've only been playing at entering for some years. The result has little to do song or singer and everything to do with the spectacle. All of these things. I expected us to do badly but to do so badly. Just 3 points from the public vote! Sorry, the B word just has to be a factor. Not the sole story but a factor and a not insignificant one. We are the laughing stock of Europe right now.

However, if sometime in the future someone decides they are really going to set out to win and analyses what it takes to win and determinedly sets out to win, then we'll win. It might take a few attempts to do it but they'll get there.
When we take part in these kind of contests there are only two possible outcomes of win or lose. We know Its political and swayed by funding and therefore have more chance of losing (our long track record of losing proves this) so its our choice of whether to enter into it knowing those terms......therefore if we partake and then lose, we should lose graciously without stamping our feet, crying off and blaming everything and everyone else. The 'laughing stock of Europe' scenario is caused by this nonacceptance of losing so I can fully understand why the rest of Europe find it so comical as do I in a cringe worthy way.

Last edited:
I do most of my recording on a smartphone and sometimes you just
don't have the possibility of charging your phone since there is no electricity
supply, so to charge your smartphone on the fly a portable Power Bank
can save the day. This is an unboxing of the INIU Power Bank BI-B1
It has lots of nice features.

Some time ago, I made a comment about a lot of the better players wearing hats.......

.....& I had intended to get a hat, but never got around to it.......

......until now!

Funnily enough, it hasn't improved my playing at all! :rolleyes: ;) :music:

:smileybounce:

Another thing that I was going to get, was a slide, (after watching Linda using one)........

....well, one is finally on its way to me.....

....so now I'll just have to dust off a uke or two to try it out. :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom