Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

i have just started using facebook - it is such a messy platform - you see something and then go back to find it and who knows where it went.
Good way to keep up with distant family. But not a place for the seasons imho.
I know you can have groups 'by invitation only' but that is not the way the seasons works.....

So today I found out that trying to fish out a black string from the side sound hole of my ebony uke because of its through-body bridge is incredibly frustrating without a torch and a crochet hook.

haha. totally empathising mate. i have a few ukes with the string through bridge set up.
a test of patience and character. then you have to go through it all again when you put a new one on. :)

Got sniped in an auction for a Jupiter clarinet but got lucky with the next auction. Got this Vito resin clarinet that appears to have good cork and pads for 30 bucks shipped on shopgoodwill. Their ukes are usually beginner fodder but occasionally have a good one there if someone in the states wants to check them out.

vito clarinet.jpg

Just a quick word about hosting. Just at the tail end of my week (season 424) and I wanted to say to anyone who hasn’t hosted before (or even hasn’t hosted in a while) and is considering doing it - go for it! One of the things I enjoy most about hosting is that extra level of interaction with each and every member of this very special little community. It’s a great way to really feel a part of what happens here and a lot of fun! Thank you for reading - if indeed you still are! ;)

I think Ernie Ball forgot they were making strings for ukuleles. They're billed as a soprano/concert set. I reckon you could probably get two soprano lengths out of them.

IMG-20200406-WA0006.jpg

Hey, Booli, good to see you posting again.

I'm not active here at the moment, having other instruments taking over my time, but intend getting back at some time in the future.

Stay safe.

Hi Keith - thanks for the kind words. Nice to see you here too. :)

yes, so good to see you booli! really hope you are holding up ok after everything that has happened, and with everything going on now

Hi BEV - always nice to see your posts as well :) I am used to being a hermit from when I was taking care of my mother, since I only left the house for taking her to the doctors, or to get groceries or fill prescriptions during her care. At least I have a little back yard so I can go outside in the fresh air, and not have to venture out into a public place in order to combat the claustrophobia.

Hi Booli, I too have other things pressing me away from the seasons ... I am truly sorry to hear about your mother. Loosing your mom is the hardest!

Take care!
Linda

Hi Linda - thank you for your compassion and kindness.

sorry about your loss Booli. I know I will be a wreck when the time comes for me to experience that. I certainly was when my father passed on in the early 2000's. Took me about ten years to be able to complete some songs without tearing up that were about father/son relationships. I hope your suffering isn't as prolonged and difficult as mine was.

Hi Harmony Smurf - Thank you for your kinds words. Loss of a parent is definitely not easy at all, especially having been her sole caretaker 24/7 during the last 2 years of her life.

Her absence has created a huge void, with grief and pain that is beyond description.

After seeing the news updates about the virus, I am able to console myself that my mother does not have to suffer the panic and anxiety about the virus, nor deal with the lockdown-isolation that might have become her existence if she was living in a nursing home or hospice.

I am just taking things one day at a time and it feels like life is 'on-hold' pending the global AND local societal recovery from the effects of the virus.

I despise Facebook and would never sign up to it.

I agree with you. IMHO, FB is the devi, LOL.

--

Not sure when I will get back online, but I just wanted to wish all Seasonistas and other UU friends here to stay strong, find ways to keep yourself both mentally and physically healthy during this time.

Even though I have not been in the weekly sessions, nor commenting here or YT, I have often seen many of your videos and in my time as a caregiver, watching your Seasons videos have help me to retain my sanity, and at least a little 'seed' of optimism for the future.

That seed is more important now than ever before and I hope to nurture it to bear fruit.

I am deeply grateful to all of you for persisting in your participation in the Seasons all of this time, and also apologize for being away/offline for so long and not showing my appreciation sooner.

Thank you all. :rock:

OK Seasonista, help… I am logged on, on my phone, and can get to the Seasons forum but it will not let me post a new thread for this Season that I am hosting. When I push the new thread button nothing happens.
So I went to the regular PC And log on there and no matter where I click I cannot get to the seasons for him only to UU+ contest section that has one video.

I have been on Ukulele Underground for so long I believe I’m grandfathered in and I have never had to pay anything to belong has this changed. Again, help I’m trying to post the new Season!

Weird Keith!

Okay, finally posted! Strange phenomenon to go with the theme of my Season I guess, lol. Everything is fine and showing up on my iphone except when I tried to add a topic it would not let me make a new post. If I go directly to the Ukulele Underground site there is no sub-forum for the Seasons. We found the forum only by looking up directly Seasons of the Ukulele. So that means if I tell a friend to join us here I cannot tell them to go to Ukulele Underground. But to look up the Seasons separately. I want people to know about UU. It's a great way to learn and how I got as far as I am. What does this mean?

Last edited:
Alternatively, go to the Forums Main Page, Click on 'Ukulele Boards' and the seasons will show up as one of the available sub forums.

Top Bottom