Page 361 of 363 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363 LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3625

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    When I first started playing I had lyrics and chords scrolling on my phone, but I found myself constantly panicking that the autoscroll speed was either too fast or too slow, which was a huge distraction for a novice player. So I took to printing them out - not so environmentally friendly but helped my concentration no end.
    I go with a hybrid model. The songs I want to keep I make pdf’s of when I am happy with the arrangement. I then spend too much time trying to get everything on 2 pages max so that I can use the full screen option to see both pages at once. Of course, would work for something like A Hard Rains Gonna Fall, but it gets the job done for most without paper.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Most of my music is held on the computer - I copy & paste chord sheets from wherever into some software called ChordSmith, which lets me change the key, and save them as .pro files, with the chords embedded in the lyrics. Currently holding about 600 songs which I have either done or seriously intended doing, plus another 640 which I have grabbed but not got around to doing.
    I started using a similar program last year called SongBook. It uses the ChordPro format as well and I love it. I've only got about 140 songs on file there at the moment, and I'd love to have more. Those songs only take up 260kb and so it took a minute to upload here-> https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2R?usp=sharing

Steve, you're welcome to them. Could you send me some back?

BTW, did you know that at the popular site chordie.com when llooking at the default view of a song there, you can click on "View", then there's another button that says "ChordPro" which I imagine you can guess what you get next.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Quote Originally Posted by Joko View Post
    I started using a similar program last year called SongBook. It uses the ChordPro format as well and I love it.
    I'm using this too, it's great. I've got it syncing via Google Drive which makes it easy to edit songs on my laptop too.

I've recently found this handy tool to convert Ultimate Guitar format into chordpro: https://ultimate.ftes.de/
    - Edwin

I visited an old video on my YouTube channel today and was shocked when an ad played before the video. I have not monetized my account, and I thought surely there’s some mistake, but, apparently, whoever owns the copyrighted material has a right to place ads, if you cover their songs. Has anyone else noticed this???

Quote Originally Posted by lizbrinker View Post
    I visited an old video on my YouTube channel today and was shocked when an ad played before the video. I have not monetized my account, and I thought surely there’s some mistake, but, apparently, whoever owns the copyrighted material has a right to place ads, if you cover their songs. Has anyone else noticed this???
    To the best of my knowledge it hasn’t happened with any of my vids, but I’m hearing from others that it’s happening more and more, Liz. I’m not sure there’s much that can be done about it?
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

My collaborations with Liz Brinker: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...io6W9Et8o6pfg-

Quote Originally Posted by lizbrinker View Post
    Yeah, some company has become much more gung-ho about asserting their copyrights, so a lot more of my videos are getting a copyright claim lately. The videos that get a copyright claim will get an ad placement. Hey, it's their song, if they get the one-thousandth of a penny for someone watching my video, they're welcome to it -- don't spend it all in one place.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

over the many millions of years now that i've been posting uke vids on youtube for the seasons, i've lost count of how many times they tell me that the copyright owner has the right to put an ad on my vid. i dunno if they always DO, but they can. on occasions the copyright owner has actually muted the volume on my vid, it happened on a madonna cover i did. i was gonna delete the vid but i thought no, i'll leave it, and another time i revisited (i really only go back to old vids when someone comments or asks for chords or whatever) the sound was back up. so just be aware this is another fun option youtube offers
    lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's bent coppers.

I get that it's frustrating but it's a free place for people to host pretty much anything they like, as much as they like. Even if YouTube wasn't run by Google who just want to make money they still need to pay for a place to store it and maintain the site, and they've come up with a model that not only pays the content creators who drive a massive amount of traffic to their site but also pays the holders of copyrighted material for it, with zero cost to the actual customer. Its not perfect and the payment model is obviously massively skewed in YouTube's favour but it has allowed some very talented people the opportunity to make a career out of media and entertainment off their own hard work rather than just getting the right opportunity from the right gate keeper in the industry.

And as I said, while all this is happening it's free for the people who just want to watch videos or just want to put up some ukulele videos for their friends. I think that's worth a 30 second ad. I pay far more to watch football and get assaulted with far more ads while doing it.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

I have gotten the message about copyrighted materiale perhaps a handful of times. I havent noticed ads actually being put on my videos, but I dont really check.
    I'm just happy that they don't shut my channel down :-)

Has anyone looked into how the Google analytics count the average view duration? If what they write is based on total views or last 28 days etc.
    I would like to know the stats divided on youtube searches vs external/playlist. If everyone who findes my video through searches quit before 10s, and the only thing pulling up the statistics is the rest of you, perhaps I should unlist it all. I realize that a lot of people will click on stuff and change their mind, but it only takes a few who watches it all to change the average to more than 10% or so.
    Last edited by UkingViking; 04-15-2021 at 02:50 AM.
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    I have gotten the message about copyrighted materiale perhaps a handful of times. I havent noticed ads actually being put on my videos, but I dont really check.
    I'm just happy that they don't shut my channel down :-)

Has anyone looked into how the Google analytics count the average view duration? If what they write is based on total views or last 28 days etc.
    I would like to know the stats divided on youtube searches vs external/playlist. If everyone who findes my video through searches quit before 10s, and the only thing pulling up the statistics is the rest of you, perhaps I should unlist it all.
    I'm not sure how useful the stats and analytics are for people who aren't making a living from YouTube. I think those pages are increasingly geared towards people who are on YouTube for the money and want huge amounts of views. but those of us that are just there for fun, to share videos with pals and any passing YouTube people, I just don't see that they're much use at all. the positive thing is the comment section, you can have some really nice chats there, but in terms of figures and numbers I just don't think it's useful for people on our scale. it's not like we're gonna change what we do just because we had a few less views or lower view time or a bunch of people unsubscribed because they didn't like our latest space rock power chord song, I just can't see the point of them - the stats I mean, not the space rock power chord songs!
    lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's bent coppers.

Thread Information