Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

If you have recorded any of Leon's songs then please post them here.
I would like to make a PLaylist of covers Leon's songs on Ukulele.
and if you have not recorded anything then here is a list of his songs to choose from.
Let's make this happen.
Short list of Leon Redbone songs for Ukulele

Not sure this is the most appropriate sub-forum for the purpose, Rob - why not do this as a season? :)

Not sure this is the most appropriate sub-forum for the purpose, Rob - why not do this as a season? :)

Why not indeed? But I am not hosting a season at the moment and I was asking
primarily for existing recordings, or if you feel inspired make a near one.
Don't mean to steal any fire from the regular seasons, just thought it would be nice
to pay tribute to Leon. If no one is interested then nothing will happen. There have been
seasons for Glen Campbell and David Bowie when they passed so why not Leon?

If you have recorded any of Leon's songs then please post them here.
I would like to make a PLaylist of covers Leon's songs on Ukulele.
and if you have not recorded anything then here is a list of his songs to choose from.
Let's make this happen.
Short list of Leon Redbone songs for Ukulele

You know, he politely asked you NOT to talk about him when he was gone.

I met this incredibly talented young man last Saturday - he’s my niece’s boyfriend. Never had a music lesson in his life - can’t even read music, but thanks to YouTube he plays piano like this! Amazing!

Lovely lovely video Del. That young man has talent for sure!

I'm often embarrassed to admit that I have no musical training whatsoever :) Funnily enough, I am allowed to teach (for free) others to play the ukulele. I do think it's one of the easiest and most accessible instruments to learn to play ~

Hey! I'm self taught too - but in my case - it shows! :biglaugh::music:

Never put yourself down, in fact, those that can play without any training may just be blessed & lucky, compared to us, who struggle to make interesting sounds. :cool:

I took music in school but it went in one ear and out the other. It wasn't until I picked up the uke and started talking to people on here that some aspects of music theory started to make sense and that improved my playing immensely.

I think most people will absorb a bit of it through osmosis just by playing a part in the Seasons and we have a few really good teachers here who can explain things without even trying to teach.

I never had private music lessons, but tried to pick up as much as possible in school / high school music classes.

Sadly, I think the theory stuck better than playing stuff.

I'm often embarrassed to admit that I have no musical training whatsoever :) Funnily enough, I am allowed to teach (for free) others to play the ukulele. I do think it's one of the easiest and most accessible instruments to learn to play ~
Music is about the ability to communicate what you're doing with others and you do that very effectively Kevin. The Irony is that we attempt to read music in order to emulate those in the cotton fields where it all began who could barely spell their own names let alone musical notation. :cool: Keep doing what you're doing mate, It works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom