Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

With the wonderful topic for Rustyy's Season 196, there are quite a few songs I could do, but I'm still nearly down for the count at the end of week two of having the Flu.

Saw the doctor on Monday, and confirmed it was 'the Flu' as opposed to some severe random cold. Fluids and rest were advised.

No way to sing like this (coughing too much) and I am not happy, as well as feel like the walking dead.

I guess I'll have to save the songs for when I recover and then post them on the Island.

Sorry if this is not a happy note, but I just had to vent and tell somebody, I hope you all can understand.

Thanks for listening. :shaka:

Sorry, Booli, that you're under the weather. It takes the sparkle out of a day. Seems like a good time to relax and LISTEN to music instead of playing it. Let Time do its work, and before long you'll be back strutting your stuff.

strutting hawk.jpg

I feel ya Booli. Why does it always seem to happen around a holiday too? Feel better soon!

I had only one very moderate goal: to be able to strum some chords on something in order to accompany my own singing, mostly for my own enjoyment. But I have found that playing for others gives me a whole higher level of satisfaction.
My goal continually evolves everytime I log onto YT and find something else that catches me in awe, I just wanna be as good as I can get and am enjoying the journey.
The thought of playing on a stage to others is the best known laxative for mankind for me .......Intimate jammin behind closed doors with a few like minded friends is more my style.

I've always been the same .........I remember my drama teacher pushing me to play a lead in her production of 'Grease' ........I was mortified and Insisted on being the background guy holding a cardboard cut out of the car !! I would love to write music for a living but would want to be the Bernie Taupin who enjoys relative anominity than Elton John whos in the public eye. (I've never understood why people want fame and all the trappings it brings?) Lol

Last edited:
Sorry, Booli, that you're under the weather. It takes the sparkle out of a day. Seems like a good time to relax and LISTEN to music instead of playing it. Let Time do its work, and before long you'll be back strutting your stuff.

View attachment 85594

Thanks for the idea Ginny!

That strutting hawk picture is great, he looks so intent, almost angry, and the picture gave me a good laugh, so thank you for that too :)

I feel ya Booli. Why does it always seem to happen around a holiday too? Feel better soon!

Thanks Andrew! I know, right?

I guess being laid up gives a clearer perspective to better appreciate the days when we are not afflicted with some impediment.

I am trying hard to look on the bright side. :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my Seasonista family! I love you all!

Happy Everything, Seasonista friends!

Hi guys,
I have see many posts in this thread about learning tunes and the difficulties of transcribing/ reading notation for use in making videos. When preparing a song for the Seasons I copy the lyrics and chords when available. If I have to correct or figure the chord I do so but start with the lyrics in the the associated chord family color. I can then put in the chords fairly quickly based on the color wheel. There is a big advantage in using color for the chord families IMO Groups of people who are illiterate, have poor vision or dyslexic can use it. Color Blind folks would require some adaptation. But it works well for me.

Below you will find an easy way to transpose chords. I use the ROYGBIV method. The idea goes back to Sir Issac Newton I think, but I came up with it idependently. When I Transcribe a song I assign the tonic Chord the color Red The 4th chord would be green the fifth chord blue.
If you were to play I'll fly away in the key of D Red=D, Green =G, Blue=A7. Key of G: Red=G, Green =C, Blue=D7.

I=R, II=O, III=Y, IV=G, V=B, VI=I VII=V

Key of C: I=C, II=D, III=E, IV=F, V=G7, VI=A VII=B
C7 Em G Am

I'llFly Away Lyrics

[G]Somebright morning when this life is o'er, [C]I'll fly[G]away

Toa home on God's celestial shore, I'll [D7]fly a-[G]way

Tommy, this is freakin' brilliant! I was traveling most of November and missed so much amazing stuff in this thread ... this most of all just blows me away. Fantastic way to train the brain to recognize the relationships among the chords, and how they fit the lyrics and melody. I can't imagine going back and doing this to all my charts ... but ... man, I want what this offers!

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday week. I am so excited for Season 202 and the New Year and to see what you all will bring to our holiday party next week!

Never knew this existed...I guess I stayed away from the seasons for some reasons

So what, significantly, has changed ??

Except people seem to post on a Sunday and a Monday (UK) . But that's allowed within the rules. Is it not?

Or reinforce the original rules and change start and finish times .

And why the assumption that people are editing their work ?

And should this really be on Ph -for Fluffy's thread , but rather on the Seasons Yakkity Yak thread ? Just a thought.

I was not having a dig at YOU Glass, just a reminder to all of us that maybe we should be yakking about this away from P's thread.

As a very New Newbie it's interesting to read how the Season's started. Without this knowledge you could be forgiven for getting the impression that the newer Seasoners are a bit "resented" (sorry I can't come up with a softer word)by the old guard. all that has happened is that the seasons has evolved and will doubtless continue to on the foundations laid by the Seasoned Seasonista Pioneers.

God Bless all Who Sail in them Pioneers as well.

Last edited:
Imo Chrimess was a pioneer, the rest of us whether we posted from day one or posted just today have been lucky enough to post our toons from his concept.

There should be no divide, difference or status amongst Seasonistas, we should all be here to share our common bond.........to play our music...........the rest of the nonsense is just ego stuff.

Last edited:
To be honest, I was put off entering the Seasons for quite a while, because whenever I browsed through it, there seemed to be too many rules, and the norm seemed to be doing three or more songs every week, at a time when I was struggling to learn one.
And even now, as an almost regular for about 8 months, I prefer the weeks where the host just says "here's a theme - do some songs", rather than pages of rules, conditions, exceptions, limits, etc.
As for the start & end times, we all know they are there to be broken...don't we?

I'm with Steve. I lurked for some time before entering, and even after a year at this I realize that I'm one of the less-skilled Seasonistas. I suppose my preference is for themes with some focal point, but not too restrictive. <aside>Then again, my recent "pub rock" theme was a bit more limiting than that, even though Elvis Costello, Dave Edmunds, and Nick Lowe have played just about everything.</aside> Since I may never master Garage Band or any multitracking options, the themes that tend to encourage a lot of studio enhancements don't interest me as much.

I'll also confess that it's nice to have the theme posted early, just in case there's an obvious number I can sneak in early Sunday before someone else does it first. :p

Hi all. just wanted to put out a quick update since I've been awol since I hosted in November.

Neck pain is gone but nerve issue persists. I am still picking up the uke for at least ten minutes a day and slowly recovering. At least the bicep tendinitis is improved/gone so maybe this time off has been good for me. Miss you all tons though.

Just come across this thread, so just saying....

I didn't feel comfortable with the 202 duos week, (sorry Wendy), but I'm back in 203. :)

Hope to participate regularly this year. :music:

Top Bottom