Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Turning 30 next year so I've decided to commemorate it by commissioning my first luthier-build!

Turning 30 next year so I've decided to commemorate it by commissioning my first luthier-build!

That sounds nice. Which luthier?

By the way, that Flight you have been playing for a while really suits your playing and vice versa. If a luthier build will lift the sound further like that uke did, we are all in for a treat!

That sounds nice. Which luthier?

By the way, that Flight you have been playing for a while really suits your playing and vice versa. If a luthier build will lift the sound further like that uke did, we are all in for a treat!

Thanks Mikkel!

I'm getting a UFOS from Antica in Italy. Been wanting one ever since GotAUkulele reviewed it years ago and the stars are finally aligning.

It's actually probably just as cheap to have a direct luthier build as It Is buying one off the shelf these days especially if you've got a localish one to you and you're looking at something decent and above a certain amount of wonga. . Sam Muirs in my locality and has had some fantastic ukuleles made for her and I was surprised how much less they cost compared to store brought.

Last edited:

I'm sharing this because it's such a great song. I would like to cover it for Season 468 but I can't figure out the chords!

Many of you are aware I've been living in Myanmar (Burma) for the last 7 years. I moved here right at the tail end of their status as a pariah state due the former 50-year reign of the military over the government. You may also have heard there was a coup today in Myanmar. The military has declared a 1-year state of emergency and taken control of the gov't. All of it completely legal under the constitution they wrote before relinquishing he helm in 2010. Just going to be cautious and pay attention to what's going on...

Here's what it's like waking up to a changed Myanmar.

Many of you are aware I've been living in Myanmar (Burma) for the last 7 years. I moved here right at the tail end of their status as a pariah state due the former 50-year reign of the military over the government. You may also have heard there was a coup today in Myanmar. The military has declared a 1-year state of emergency and taken control of the gov't. All of it completely legal under the constitution they wrote before relinquishing he helm in 2010. Just going to be cautious and pay attention to what's going on...

Hope things settle down for you and you get re-connected.

Day four of the new regime and things are escalating slowly. Two nights ago, millions in Yngon took to their apartment balconies and porches to all bang away on their metal pots and pans for 15 minutes, expressing their feelings about the coup.

Last night, the pots-and-pans protest spread across the country and was really something remarkable to hear and witness. Videos of the protest spread all over Facebook.

Today, the powers that be have blocked FB, causing everyone to quickly learn about VPNs.

I do not doubt the pots and pans will be out again tonight at 8pm.

Day four of the new regime and things are escalating slowly. Two nights ago, millions in Yngon took to their apartment balconies and porches to all bang away on their metal pots and pans for 15 minutes, expressing their feelings about the coup.

Last night, the pots-and-pans protest spread across the country and was really something remarkable to hear and witness. Videos of the protest spread all over Facebook.

Today, the powers that be have blocked FB, causing everyone to quickly learn about VPNs.

Worrying times for you Joko! Do you have an exit plan if things get too hairy? :(

Less important in the grand scheme of things, but if you feel that hosting Season 470 may be tricky, just shout.

A guy in USA contacted me on youtube yesterday to ask if he could use my Banana Splits theme tune cover to close his live youtube show later today. Here's a link to the show:

Thanks Val! :) Not sure it reaches a huge audience, but I feel quite chuffed about it!

Congrats on the recognition Del! It is well deserved and earned.

Update time.

I sold my electric uke a long while back and haven't felt like my old acoustic had my "voice" in it so I have been playing less and less as time goes by. The only strings I could find locally were basic aquilas which don't sound as good to my ear as martin m600s. The tuning of the E string has been a struggle leading to not wanting to play the instrument as much. In the meantime, I have been immersing myself in playing the keys on the toy piano and on my digital piano. I intend to buy an electric uke with the next stimulus round which is expected in late March. The model is TBD based on availability, but the leading candidate is the Grace Vanderwaal concert uke as it is currently in stock at Sweetwater.

Hey guys,

I'm intending to record an album over the next couple months now I've got my studio set up. Some songs from the EP I did last year will be on there but I'm hoping they'll sound much better.

The intention is that when local gigs/festivals start up again I can put my name forward and have all my stuff in one place with a bit of quality control applied.

To that end, I've got artist pages on Facebook and YouTube set up. The YouTube page will solely focus on my original stuff. If appreciate it if people could give it a follow.

Facebook

YouTube

Good on you Pa and Liz.

Hey all, if you don't talk to him via other means, subscribe on YT, or if The Algorithm doesn't put him in your feed, Rob (Wee Ginga Yin) has been posting videos on his Old Gardner Guy YT channel documenting his recovery from a stroke. This one from earlier today especially made me smile...

Last edited:
Hello Seasonistas!
It's been eight months since I woke up in the hospital and couldn't move my fingers of the left hand! I had been warned that that would happen and had given five of my smaller Ukes away to my nephews. I had five weeks of PT and learned to use my fingers again some, but the Uke was what saved me. I've lost a lot of my chord memories and dexterity but can now play pretty well, at least almost a good (poorly) as I was doing before.

I've been trying to write the lyrics for "The Wine Dark Sea", the story of Heracles and Hypolitey on the Northern shore of the Black sea ~1000 BCE? It's not a "Moon, June, Croon" lyric so there are some challenges.

I just wanted to stop by and howdy ya'll.

Top Bottom