Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I pulled my #1 soprano off the wall tonight to plug in (it makes a great electric guitar), and this no-name (C-Sound?) albeit nice instrument I've becoming more and more fond of was broken! The jack had fallen into the body.

View attachment 121729

This is what I would try....
Pull the female jack out through the sound hole. It should have a nut and maybe a washer that held it to the body. Get them out by shaking the uke around. Thread the male jack pin and cable through the nut and washer (if they fit) and then poke the male jack and cable through the hole in the body and out the sound hole. Plug the male jack into the female jack and carefully pull them out through the hole in the body and slide the nut and washer over the male plug and tighten it up. If the washer and nut won't fit over the male jack you'll need to find a way to trap the female jack once it is pulled through the hole.
Good luck with it.

Warning, Warning, Sunburst Singers are back!

Well or hope to be next week, After a year without posting, after I blowing up my MS computer and losing my Debute software, I shifted to Linux and had no way of recording.

Gary and I are going to record on his Kendle and post. We just rehearsed and will record on Saturday, hopefully next weeks theme will allow some Buck Owens, as that is what Gary wants to play.

I expect my fingers will be sore as I haven't played for hours in a looooooong time.

Seasons #295 was my last song.

right on dude! welcome back

Wait until it happens. Gary and I have only been singing in the steam room at the gym, though he has been playing guitar in his country band all this time. The steam room has cool echo, perfect for Ghost Riders!

As for the aforementioned tapering off of SOTU, Summer time distracts a lot of people and I'll bet a bunch of folks will be back when the weather goes to Hell (or Moscow) again. Also too, the second Sunday is good for folks like me who need to practice a song for the theme. I don't have much of a repertoire and need to find and learn a song for SOTU, sometimes the second Sunday is needed to get up to speed and a song in.
:)
Gary Country lost his UU log in PW and may be back soon. I mentioned doing another SOTU last Tuesday at the gym, we go three days a week, and he got excited again.

Welcome back!

I dont know what setup you are using, but the Audacity software comes for Linux and is free and easy to record audio with. And there are lots of free video editors too.
If nothing else, then untill you find the software you prefer.

Linux user here too. I actually record "off computer" using a multi track recorder but import to Audacity for editing. There are more advanced DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) available for Linux. You will need a USB interface designed specially for low latency.

There is quite a range of Linux video editors ranging from basic to advanced. I use Open Shot to make my videos. I've also tried Pitivi and ShotCut both of which seem fairly straightforward to use. All have their pros and cons.

Brian, Thanks for the tip on rigging up the connectors to fix the problem.

I tried it, but it turned out the female connector was a radical feminist who made it clear she didn't need a penis=shaped plug to make her right.

Someone please tell me something awful happened to the person who made the natural symbol look like a sharp symbol. I am having the roughest time with my latest piano lesson. I'm not crying, you're crying!

Yes! Thank you for the tip for reconnecting a collapsed input jack... it worked with a little modification. I haven't got a 1/4" output jack that's narrow enough to allow that small nut and washer over it, so since I had some extra 'bad' cables lying around after my recent upgrade, I snipped off the plug, stripped it of the bulky housing using ordinary scissors, then taped it back onto the wire, fed it through, connected with the rogue female jack, and easy peasy.WIN_20191004_11_38_00_Pro.jpg

Welcome back!

I dont know what setup you are using, but the Audacity software comes for Linux and is free and easy to record audio with. And there are lots of free video editors too.
If nothing else, then untill you find the software you prefer.

I need to just use my older computer, it still has WIndoze and I can down load Debute for free. It does the video and audio with SF and all, so I just need to launch Ronda, she may be ten years old but she's fun.

Glad you got your jack plugged, Joko.

Hi there, glad I found you!

Think the uke bug got me for real this time. I like your videos! Once played quite some (piano/keyboards) and sang, then listened, now think it's time to play, whistle and sing myself, and maybe share when comfortable with it (and hoping you are too ;))

Every tone you produce is unique. For some decades I preferred to listen to those who are 'better', now it's DIY.

Last edited:
Hi there, glad I found you!

Think the uke bug got me for real this time. I like your videos! Once played quite some (piano/keyboards) and sang, then listened, now think it's time to play, whistle and sing myself, and maybe share when comfortable with it (and hoping you are too ;))

Every tone you produce is unique. For some decades I preferred to listen to those who are 'better', now it's DIY.

Sure hope you decide to join in.
There's a new theme every week and a reason to work up a song to meet it.

Tervetuloa, player! Please join in.

And good luck with a new fur baby, Kelly.

Kiitti!

Among the technicalities is of course something to put the phone on when recording. Think better not demand too much of oneself, optimally there will be some development going on, and as a new season starts, that's a new chance.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I already ordered a phone adapter to my old tripod...

Top Bottom