Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

And to you, Elena! You have bunnies!!!! I haven't seen one bunny, but I HAVE seen two hares in the last couple of days.

Not many people know about the Christian origins of the Easter Bunny. Here is some proof.

Aoj9hOp.jpg

So the room in which you choose to perform has a large portrait of General Custer and pinned on the back of the door you have one of the conferate flags and that troubles no one here?

... who's that directed at?

Edit: just found it actually.

It doesn't trouble me, no. People are free to display what they want in their own home, surely?

If that then led to some unsolicited, hateful rhetoric being spread on here, a big leap despite the connotations, I'd imagine that would be pretty swiftly dealt with by the mods anyway. As it stands we (or I at least) have no idea what those symbols actually represent to that person.

Sure your post would have been better in a PM rather than not even calling out that person by name on a thread they might not even frequent? Bit underhand if you ask me.

Last edited:

It doesn't trouble me, no. People are free to display what they want in their own home, surely?

If that then led to some unsolicited, hateful rhetoric being spread on here, a big leap despite the connotations, I'd imagine that would be pretty swiftly dealt with by the mods anyway. As it stands we (or I at least) have no idea what those symbols actually represent to that person.

Sure your post would have been better in a PM rather than not even calling out that person by name on a thread they might not even frequent? Bit underhand if you ask me.

Totally agree with you here Ryan!

So the room in which you choose to perform has a large portrait of General Custer and pinned on the back of the door you have one of the conferate flags and that troubles no one here?

Maybe he's a collector of historic memorabilia, you can't jump to conclusions. Lemmy of Motorhead collects German and SS memorabilia and the confederate flag was also a symbol of the rockabilly music revival I.e Stray Cats etc.
It's always wise to ask before judging and condemning.

Last edited:

This is not worthy of you Pabrizzer. I have no idea who you are referring to but I agree with Ryan, you should have PM'd the person concerned and kept it between the two of you.

The ice is off the lake and the wild ducks have returned.
The Mason Bees great little pollinators and going about their business.
Spring has arrived in Finland.

This should probably be on Facebook, but it was so unexpected that I had to share it here. Look what I had for lunch today, that wonderful staple of French cuisine ....SNAIL PIZZA!!! (I have to say it was delicious and snails are actually VERY good for you; but, well, I mean, honestly, SNAIL PIZZA .... eugh!!!)

20190427_121140 - Edited.jpg

Top Bottom