Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Another YouTube quirk - today, every single video that I click on starts playing at 100% volume. Anybody else?

I've been wanting to get back on the Seasons, but my left hand is still not strong enough yet. I'm working on it but it needs some PT. I got a new Ebony and Rosewood Concert to give me the incentive to rebuild my finger calluses, it seems to be working.

So, I was up before dawn, again, and found a link to "Cow Cow Boogie" and had the thought, Can you play Boogie Woogie on the Ukulele?" I googled the heck out if it and found a link to about six or seven ways to play it, and finally found a way it in C to play it with chords I can form, well except G#, which heck, I'll just play in G.

It seems like it is a one-two bars and a rest then one or two bar and another rest? Doesn't seem to be a rhythmic strum pattern, but I found a partial score with a suggestion of notes n C, so I thought this would/could be a good time to learn finger picking?

Anyone got any suggestions on playing Boogie Woogie on the Uke?

Here are several versions.
https://songbook1.wordpress.com/fx/1942-standards-and-hits/cow-cow-boogie/

Last edited:
Van Morrisons still got it at 75, fantastic recent live studio appearance that's well worth a listen ..........

Yes that has been happening for some weeks now...maybe even longer, Brian.
I have not noticed replies disappearing, but many of the comments that were made on my videos did not show up when i went to YT to reply to them.

I knew there were comments only because I had received email notifications for them. When I went to YT - they were no there.

What I have done, is that I copied the comment from my email, and pasted it on my video which THAT comment was meant for. I wanted to acknowledge the person who commented and thanked him/her. But I admit many times I forgot to do that, even though it only took me 1 minute to do it.

Basically, it shouldn't be much of a problem, might have a few hours of disruption, once or twice during migration.

Fear not, quite a few of my other forums have upgraded, & there was minimal problems, as long as it's done by experienced people, all will go well.

RIP Nanci Griffith

Rita was sixteen years
Hazel eyes and chestnut hair
She made the Woolworth counter shine
And Eddie was a sweet romancer
And a darn good dancer
And they waltzed the aisles of the five and dime

Last edited:
RIP Nanci Griffith

Rita was sixteen years
Hazel eyes and chestnut hair
She made the Woolworth counter shine
And Eddie was a sweet romancer
And a darn good dancer
And they waltzed the aisles of the five and dime

I heard of her name before. She seems like a great storyteller and songwriter. Thank you for posting this, Rob.

Currently practicing for The Island season this week, but it's slow going in terms of learning the song and trying out a new recording process...Let alone putting it all together in post production.

I have a cupboard that I've started referring to as my "oubliette" because it's where I throw things I don't expect to use for a while. I'm just having a clearout, and I found this, from an aborted effort to learn uke, probably more than 10 years ago. I thought I'd play something appropriate. I promise I tuned it.

I can't imagine why I gave up.

Actually it might be fun to see if I can fix the intonation a little bit before I give up and burn it. Although if I do burn it, I'd be worried about the paint fumes. I think it's mostly made of paint.

I'm just dropping in to say 'Hi'

Long time no see.

In case anyone was wondering - yes, I am still alive, and still playing.

I hope you are all well during this extended global human viral malware.

Just noticed YouTube put an ad on my last video. A bit irritating. After googling I found that they can put ads on non monetised channels. No idea why they’d do it to me. My view numbers would generate about 5 cents a month. Anyone else having this happen? I did google how to stop it…but the solutions didn’t work.

Just noticed YouTube put an ad on my last video. A bit irritating. After googling I found that they can put ads on non monetised channels. No idea why they’d do it to me. My view numbers would generate about 5 cents a month. Anyone else having this happen? I did google how to stop it…but the solutions didn’t work.
Just watched it again and sure enough when the video finished an add popped up - i don't believe i've ever had that happen on an original song - i have had it happen to a cover - the owner of the song can place adds on covers apparently
it is a real good one john - i love birds and the artwork is so well done

Top Bottom