Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Thanks John, Val and Keith - owing to budgetary considerations I might just give the Freshman 8-string a punt! If I do I’ll report back! :)

Thanks John, Val and Keith - owing to budgetary considerations I might just give the Freshman 8-string a punt! If I do I’ll report back! :)
Ordered it - should be here this week - let you know how it goes! :)

If you can afford, it's worth having both. Unlike Val I love the 6 string but you do need to get used to the idea of high and low A. Mine has a high G string and with the octave A strings, it gives almost a double reentrant effect. I believe some of the Latin American relatives of the ukulele have reentrant tuning with a low fourth string. It's great for strumming and gives a fuller sound. I restrung my 8 string with only the Fourth string in octaves and retuned it DGBE. I've got my eye on an 8 string baritone and if I go for one I'll probably retune the 8 string tenor to Bb.

My fellow Seasonistas, one of the nice things about being an English teacher in SE Asia is the opportunity to travel to a wide variety of destinations in this corner of the globe with my generous holiday package. I always bring a uke and try to deliver some seasons from these varied places...

In less than a week, I'm off on my next journey... southwest of Burma quite a ways... about as far south as one can get. On the next journey, I'm off to the Land Down Under, Australia. I'll have a couple long layovers in Melbourne, but the bulk of the time will be Tasmania. Expect a few collaborations with a Seasonista formerly known as Eugene.

My fellow Seasonistas, one of the nice things about being an English teacher in SE Asia is the opportunity to travel to a wide variety of destinations in this corner of the globe with my generous holiday package. I always bring a uke and try to deliver some seasons from these varied places...

In less than a week, I'm off on my next journey... southwest of Burma quite a ways... about as far south as one can get. On the next journey, I'm off to the Land Down Under, Australia. I'll have a couple long layovers in Melbourne, but the bulk of the time will be Tasmania. Expect a few collaborations with a Seasonista formerly known as Eugene.

excited for the projects you have coming up!

Seasonistas meeting Seasonistas as far south as you can go!

Jo-Jo-Jo
Jon-Joo-Joko

82524001_10218281056196620_3282128950070870016_o.jpg

Top Bottom