Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Did another Facebook Live set the other night and Nathan joined in and insisted we used a camera filter. Was getting big Bobby King vibes.

fHDDCI6_d.webp

Last edited:
disappearing comments over on youtube...

i'm noticing comments that show when i click the youtube bell, but when i click on them to reply, or when i go to the video page, the comments are not there. :confused: i know the youtube comments system is famously hopeless, but i just wanted to say - if i don't reply to any comments people are kind enough to make, it's only 'cos they go missing!

anyone else noticing the same thing happen with comments made on their vids?

I don't get any comments through the man YouTube app/page anymore, have to go into the separate creator studio page and even then the notifications are unreliable.

i'm noticing comments that show when i click the youtube bell, but when i click on them to reply, or when i go to the video page, the comments are not there. :confused: i know the youtube comments system is famously hopeless, but i just wanted to say - if i don't reply to any comments people are kind enough to make, it's only 'cos they go missing!

Noticing this more and more - very frustrating! :mad:

In my experience, the comments under the "bell" seem to vary considerably. Sometimes there are replies to comments I have made on other people's videos, and lately, just occasionally, there are comments that have been made about my videos. Generally, though, it is necessary to go to the Creator's Studio to find comments on my own videos.

Sometimes there seams to be a delay in what information is on which platform.
Like, my app says a video has one number of view, but when I open the web browser on my pc it has more. And sometimes you are notified about a comment, but it shows up later below the video.

Yes, it seems to be completely random if I get notifications and/or emails about comments. Even when I go to one of my videos it will say "3 comments", when there are 5. So if, as you say, comments are vanishing, there may be even more. I might even be popular!

Aha, so it isn't my dysfunctionally arrayed mind grab equipment for remembering things. You may call it memory ..I sometimes find that I have made a comment , then think up another witty (or often less than) and go back and it has disappeared. So redo over and start from scratch. Then Bugger me later on the other first one tips up !! You Tube is ,on the whole ,a hole. But at least it isn't me !! Zounds.

thanks guys! yeah maybe the missing comments will re-appear... or more likely, existing ones will disappear! when i look at very old vids of mine, the comments are all over the place, replies are not linked to the original comment i was answering, and heaven only knows how many are missing all together! i was gonna say you'd think youtube would take more care over something as important as the sort of communication that comments provide, but then i think oh wait, this is the platform that has completely removed all existing comments, and all chance to post new comments, on vids made for kids. it obviously doesn't think comments are important at all!

thanks guys! yeah maybe the missing comments will re-appear... or more likely, existing ones will disappear! when i look at very old vids of mine, the comments are all over the place, replies are not linked to the original comment i was answering, and heaven only knows how many are missing all together! i was gonna say you'd think youtube would take more care over something as important as the sort of communication that comments provide, but then i think oh wait, this is the platform that has completely removed all existing comments, and all chance to post new comments, on vids made for kids. it obviously doesn't think comments are important at all!

You say that but then for the professionals, comments are one of the measures by which they're paid.

Visit to an instrument repair shop in Villahde and discovering the Jouhikko

Last edited:
I read from one of Rick's posts some time ago about a multittacking app called Acapella. Am wondering if anyone know of other apps that can let me have multi videos on screen where i can actually multitrack as well?

Hello Seasonistas!

I have been off for a long while, fighting the Black Dog, but am trying to get back on the Uku.
However I wanted to say that I had a scare a few months ago, when I found out I had a skin cancer!
I had a couple of minor operatins and the Drs told me that I'd have to have a very complex surgery which required taking some bone out of my left wrist to replace the bone they were going to cut out of my skull! The Dr said I might never play Uku again!
SO there I was with seven Ukes and the chance that I'd never play again. Despite the Covid pandemic my niece was having a family get together for her 50th birthday and all my great nieces and nephews would be there. So I took a couple of sopraninos down and gifted them to my great great nephews who are 4th and 2nd grade, hoping that they would learn to play them. I had a little Ohana Spruce topped Concert I gifted to my great nephew who had just finished college.

I had my 12 hour surgery about a month ago and am happy to say that after some physical therapy I have regained my left hand, though it hurts a good deal still and is pretty weak. Last week I was able to play C-F-G7th again and can now do four verses of Tennessee Waltz, though the Gm6th is still a bit too hard.

However Grand Niece signed up the great great nephews up for Uku bootcamp lessons and they appear to be enjoying play Uku now, their father even bought a tenor and learning along with them. SO I feel vindicated that the little Uke's I bought just because they were cute, have contributed to the craft.

I'm now working on getting my granddaughter to playing the little sopranino, I bought her a couple of years ago, she's seven now. I have a nice little soprano waiting for her to graduate to once her mother gets behind her learning to play. I'm getting her a laptop set up to let her learn from Beredette Teaches Uke on the youtube and others as the Covid-19 is still pretty scary and formal lessons are not phesable just now.

Once I get my left hand back Me and Gary will be back as the Sunburst Singers. Wish me luck.

certainly wish you well and lots of luck and a speedy recovery Jack
i have a real black dog (mini poodle) - we love him - i even spend $80 for his hair cut (sheesh)
the other Black Dog - yep - deal with him as best you can

Last edited:
I read from one of Rick's posts some time ago about a multittacking app called Acapella. Am wondering if anyone know of other apps that can let me have multi videos on screen where i can actually multitrack as well?
I have used Acapella Joo, I don’t know of any others though. It’s Ok, fairly easy to use.

Top Bottom