Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Well, prompted by this thread, I have set my channel default to "not for children". I had to find a more recent PC to do it on - my Windows Vista laptop runs a version of Chrome which does not load the latest Youtube Studio page, so I never get to see those settings.

But seeing that Studio dashboard page was very revealing. In the last 28 days, my most viewed videos - my last few Seasons contributions are on there, but winning by a massive amount, something I did three and a half years ago, and currently being viewed about a dozen times a day. "Three Old Ladies Locked In A Lavatory" is a YouTube sensation, at least by my standards. About to reach 17,000 views. How on earth do these weird things happen?

Well, prompted by this thread, I have set my channel default to "not for children". I had to find a more recent PC to do it on - my Windows Vista laptop runs a version of Chrome which does not load the latest Youtube Studio page, so I never get to see those settings.

But seeing that Studio dashboard page was very revealing. In the last 28 days, my most viewed videos - my last few Seasons contributions are on there, but winning by a massive amount, something I did three and a half years ago, and currently being viewed about a dozen times a day. "Three Old Ladies Locked In A Lavatory" is a YouTube sensation, at least by my standards. About to reach 17,000 views. How on earth do these weird things happen?

Oh, my favourite YouTube video EVER!!! Now, how many times have I watched it???? (Also very strange, I have had getting on for 3,000 views for "Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner" ... totally inexplicable!)

Oh, my favourite YouTube video EVER!!! Now, how many times have I watched it???? (Also very strange, I have had getting on for 3,000 views for "Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner" ... totally inexplicable!)

So that explains it. Val has watched it 16,995 times. Own up - who are the other 5?

Congrats to you both!

Harmony Smurf, "toy" instruments, didn't see that coming :D

So that explains it. Val has watched it 16,995 times.
lol !!!!!!!!!!

sometimes your vid will get picked up somehow to appear on a google search page for a word or phrase. i did a homemade song ages ago now with the title "sleeping lions" - it started getting gazillions of views and i was like WHY???? i went to google and searched for "sleeping lions" and there it was on page 1 of search results. so, anyone maybe looking up the kids game saw it and went oooh a vid about the game how handy and clicked on it and went WTF :confused: i think they've realised it's not super relevant i don't think it comes up now on a google search, views have settled down a bit!

this brings me back to kids content actually - the song is very simple and repetitive (as all my songs are!) and it has cartoony drawings in it (as quite a few of my songs have). but obviously they are made for the seasons, i'm not making them for or targeting them at kids. i've set my channel to NOT made for kids but obviously if youtube decide some vids ARE, then they'll sting me for about oooooooooooooooooh what, let's say at least 10 vids like this, so they'll sting me for half a million quid and close my channel. the bailiffs will come and take all my ukes to pay the debt. (leaving just the remaining £499,995 for me to find)

but seriously................... that could happen???

Last edited:
just watched a couple coppa videos made by an attorney. One of the things I gleamed was checking to see if youtube deemed my content as directed at kids by searching for my channel on the YT kids app. I feel a tad bit more comfortable since my channel didn't come up in that search engine.

Do you have videos on your channel that other people are using as their own, and using them without your consent?

I've recently enjoyed the experience of collaborating with an old friend who I met right here at Ukulele Underground. I was going to say at the Seasons, but when he compared a recent video of mine to the same song I did in 2010 -which he saw at that time - I was surprised. As for me, and this is no slight on any other Seasonista, there's no one more talented as an all around musician in our little group here than Jon Duncan. It was awesome working with him.

How it happened.

FFS - For F* Sake

WTF = What the F*

But you must have know really.....:rolleyes:

In high school, they let my daughter and her teammates wear t-shirts that said in big letters WTF, and in smaller letters below it said "Woburn Track & Field".

Top Bottom