Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

So sorry to hear of your problems Lesley. I hope the tests find the problem, and you can get sorted. In the meantime, well done for bringing some cheer to others with the George Formby songs. And I should just let you know that "Tread Softly To The Stable" had its first outing of the year at our pub session last week. The ones that weren't there last year said "what a lovely song - can we do it again?"

Hope it all turns out well Lesley and sending positive vibes your way by the bucket load.
A lovely song indeed. I'll record it again this December. I was quite pleased with one we did a few years ago.
Would love to be able to play with the balances between instruments and voice but it is what it is. The song deserves world wide attention imho.

Last edited:
That garment is no more it has passed on... expired and gone to meet the great cotton maker in the sky! Full of holes! Bereft of elasticity... it rests in peace... it's wearability is now 'istory... kicked the bucket... shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-UNDERGARMENT

That was funny. Where are your gamma rays?

Steve! Have you ever thought of doing "Never Push Your Granny Off a Bus"?

I don't think I know that one, but it sounds like my sort of thing. Possibly similar to "Don't jump off the roof, Dad (You'll make a hole in the yard)".

That garment is no more it has passed on... expired and gone to meet the great cotton maker in the sky! Full of holes! Bereft of elasticity... it rests in peace... it's wearability is now 'istory... kicked the bucket... shuffled off the mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-UNDERGARMENT

And now for something completely different...

Happy Thanksgiving, guys! I’m thankful for all of you, and a place to play ukulele online with friends. I hope you all have a great, relaxing day. To everyone not in the States, I hope you have a nice day at work :p

Last edited:
My cover of "Memories of East Texas" that I did a long, long time ago just got taken down by Michelle Shocked. Copyright strike. Bummer. I guess I better delete her other songs I've done.

My cover of "Memories of East Texas" that I did a long, long time ago just got taken down by Michelle Shocked. Copyright strike. Bummer. I guess I better delete her other songs I've done.

I find it perplexing that an artist like her would not want free, complimentary publicity. She could monetize your video if she so chose, of course. If I were a commercial artist at any level I would be delighted when others would share and celebrate my songs.

I find it perplexing that an artist like her would not want free, complimentary publicity. She could monetize your video if she so chose, of course. If I were a commercial artist at any level I would be delighted when others would share and celebrate my songs.

She used to be that way when she was much younger. Something turned her evil. I can only assume that she thought my video was good enough that it could be a threat to her! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've got a feeling she's done that to someone else on "The Seasons" before now.

Yes, Jon Duncan had a run-in with her a while back. I just don't see her in the same light as those other video-removers, The Eagles, but maybe something has happened which makes her remove everything, including the good ones.

Yes, Jon Duncan had a run-in with her a while back. I just don't see her in the same light as those other video-removers, The Eagles, but maybe something has happened which makes her remove everything, including the good ones.

She was badly abused by Sony, her first record label before she went independent. But how can I compare with Sony? I just don't see how getting my pathetic little video that had less than 100 views removed is some kind of "copyfight" victory for her. That's a word she likes to use. She has definitely lost a fan. And there are still other amateur covers of this song on yt that she hasn't bothered with.

She was badly abused by Sony, her first record label before she went independent. But how can I compare with Sony? I just don't see how getting my pathetic little video that had less than 100 views removed is some kind of "copyfight" victory for her. That's a word she likes to use. She has definitely lost a fan. And there are still other amateur covers of this song on yt that she hasn't bothered with.

There are people quite willing to to do a cover of someone else's song and then monetise it, so they make money off it, even here among the seasonistas.
That makes it hard for those of us who do covers just for our own enjoyment and to satisfy the host requirements each week here.
I'm here to share and enjoy music and certainly not to try and make any money from doing so.
I'm sure that's why you're here too Alan.
But it's not hard to see why some people get quite serious about the ownership of their body of work.

I think you've answered you're own question here Alan in these two separate posts......

Something turned her evil

She was badly abused by Sony

When you get stitched up and burnt by these vultures I would Imagine theres a danger of becoming over protective of your work and cautious of others possibly making money off your back.

Top Bottom