Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

cool. will give that a try. was thinking of a full course like skillshare or truefire where there is a string of videos in a series. I'll go the cheap route.

I looked further into cameras and think it will be best to get a name brand camcorder than a still camera. It will be slightly cheaper to buy a new sony handycam than to buy a used canon camera with a lens and it can even do 1080 at 60fps if I wanted it to. Also took a while to find specs on the canon eos camera and it appears to not save video? I did some youtube searches on that cheap camera and it is a lemon.

as an aside, I found a uke comic!

peanuts ukulele.jpg

I looked further into cameras and think it will be best to get a name brand camcorder than a still camera. It will be slightly cheaper to buy a new sony handycam than to buy a used canon camera with a lens and it can even do 1080 at 60fps if I wanted it to. Also took a while to find specs on the canon eos camera and it appears to not save video? I did some youtube searches on that cheap camera and it is a lemon.

View attachment 125000

I dont know much about camcorders, but googling the Sony Handycams they look very promising.
I spend a lot of time googling for the best compact still camera for video, and Sony Rx100 come in as king in most reviews. As far as I can see, many of sonys Handycams come with the same sensor size, so It can hardly be a mistake to go with.
The reason I go with a still camera myself, is that I like to take still pictures as well and prefer one solution for both :)
I have been using an Olympus EPM1 for years, a small mirrorless camera with interchangable lenses. I put on a Lumix f1. 7 prime lens. I recently "upgraded" to a fuji X70 fixed lens compact camera. I am not sure I figured out the right video settings, for now I like the old camera video better.

here is a video of some quirky things at NAMM that I found entertaining. there is a cool uke at 7:53 that looks fun and a rockin' one right afterwards that appears to be a steel string solid body uke(I could be wrong).

Gotta love it when things come together completely by accident and chance. SO tonight I was making a thumbnail on canva.com on an entry Jon and I collab'd on... Here's the thumbnail I made on purpose:
e1BRTNMaz85feM6ufoyjxR_SdI7RDJza93K_MV08ASIMV-NRz1sFsfWFdlgMRvGVRukV6CjdgTRAchibHZa9K9bDdQrO64ZgOrtXURBRCucK8XClJx0=w1280

Not bad, right?

I enjoy making up goofy band names too. WHile making that, this accidentally came through

Yfl9a1ODctfgvhLzSc--M003bPtsX6GGT5mWWi_x8ynEKLcgvirwLoDTKxQi8sS8drJRze1-Z44icL0CcKmm06P2Kb7O1E2Zxr7qkZd7fAAr4Lxldwg=w1280

Last edited:
Gotta love it when things come together completely by accident and chance. SO tonight I was making a thumbnail on canva.com on an entry Jon and I collab'd on... Here's the thumbnail I made on purpose:
e1BRTNMaz85feM6ufoyjxR_SdI7RDJza93K_MV08ASIMV-NRz1sFsfWFdlgMRvGVRukV6CjdgTRAchibHZa9K9bDdQrO64ZgOrtXURBRCucK8XClJx0=w1280

Not bad, right?

I enjoy making up goofy band names too. WHile making that, this accidentally came through

Yfl9a1ODctfgvhLzSc--M003bPtsX6GGT5mWWi_x8ynEKLcgvirwLoDTKxQi8sS8drJRze1-Z44icL0CcKmm06P2Kb7O1E2Zxr7qkZd7fAAr4Lxldwg=w1280

I can't see the thumbnail in your post, but remember it from the video.

I had no clue that there was dedicated software for making thumbnails. I just use my go to image editing software, GIMP, when making a thumbnail.

The Gnu Image Manipulation Program is open source and completely free to use. Unlimited use.
But I guess there is a bit more to learn.

Just read some sites about what makes a good thumbnail.
Omg, I use too little yellow!
Apparently you want a head shot close enough to see the white in the eyes, a very emotional expression on the face. And yellow. Dont forget yellow.

I am doing it wrong.

What on earth are you talking about????

You know the thumbnail, the little picture you clock on to view a video on Youtube, which is also displayed where you embed the video in your post, until people click it.

YouTube lets you choose from three frames from your video, or you can upload a picture you want as a thumbnail. I often do the latter, since youtube tends to pick frames where I look like I am in pain or something. Also I like to add text.

The thumb should be a picture, preferably 720 by 1280 pixels.

Studies show that some pictures make more people click your video. Having the color yellow should be a good idea.

You know the thumbnail, the little picture you clock on to view a video on Youtube, which is also displayed where you embed the video in your post, until people click it.

YouTube lets you choose from three frames from your video, or you can upload a picture you want as a thumbnail. I often do the latter, since youtube tends to pick frames where I look like I am in pain or something. Also I like to add text.

The thumb should be a picture, preferably 720 by 1280 pixels.

Studies show that some pictures make more people click your video. Having the color yellow should be a good idea.

Oh, right - one needs to look jaundiced to attract attention! (Perhaps it makes people feel sorry for you.)

seen that video. was epic and I'll watch again. :D

I almost had a NUD, but the website that advertised up to 50% off a single item only offered me 5% off. Far from enough of a discount to entice an order from me. I also tried a bunch of other Honey discount codes and they were all for different regions. FML. guess I will save up a little more for the Fender Jazzmaster uke instead.

Top Bottom