Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Hope you're on the mend soon Dave. This place needs some silly!

In other news, stumbled upon a near-perfect ukulele rack in B & Q today. Slightly too big for my sopranos and I need to make some modifications to ensure the all stay in place when I slide it in and out of where it's supposed to go but I'm pretty happy with it!

Not happy to discover the A string on my Dolphins gone though!

What was that actually FOR, Ryan .... surely B&Q aren't really making racks for ukuleles?

The packaging calls it a 'welly rack!'

hey gang! still recovering from carpal tunnel surgery, still no feeling in my thumb and forefinger of my left hand...
it's been that way for six or so months also giant pain in my wrist...waiting for the "nerves to re-grow",,,,,
sucks getting old and falling apart! oops!
have lurked since this issue started...trying hard to get back into playing again....
not one to open up, just alittle FYI.
hope to join the seasons again soon! love to all, thesillydave

So glad you did share this with us Dave. I hope you get better soon. Having patience is so hard with these things but Im sure before long you will wake up and notice it subsiding. good thoughts and well wishes coming your way as you go through this.

You have been sorely missed over the past long while. Now we will have to practice some patience too while you take it easy and recover :)

My best to you and Mrs Silly and that monkey that hangs around your place!

Linda

hey gang! still recovering from carpal tunnel surgery, still no feeling in my thumb and forefinger of my left hand...
it's been that way for six or so months also giant pain in my wrist...waiting for the "nerves to re-grow",,,,,
sucks getting old and falling apart! oops!
have lurked since this issue started...trying hard to get back into playing again....
not one to open up, just alittle FYI.
hope to join the seasons again soon! love to all, thesillydave

Sorry to hear this, Dave. Here's hoping you will get over your problems and will be back playing and contributimg to the seasons again.

Geoff

Call to all Seasonistas

I've just signed up to host another weeks theme. We are in our 7th year here.

For those of you newer seasonistas and Everyone else,

I thought I would put a call out to everyone that is involved and loves the seasons. Being a host is a fun and satisfying experience. You make the rules for your week so everything is on your terms. From the time that I have been here, I don't think I've seen the need for Hosts like we need right now. Go on over and take a look at the sign-up dates and consider signing up.

Heres the deal-
The seasons started out as a six-week challenge and no one knew that the interest would bring it along for this long. We get more and more people finding us and joining in every week. That's how great this place is and we don't want to see it go away. We rely on weekly volunteers to keep going.

There is a list of what the season's themes have been over the years to take a look at, but don't worry.
If there is something you want to do, go for it!
If you only have limited time and want to set your week up with one song per seasonista that is fine.
If you need help it is all around you.
If you don't know how to get started there is a video that can help you get things up and running.
If you need further help or have questions just ask. This thread is a good place for questions. You will be surprised by how much help you will get!

Have a great day everyone and keep strumming :)

Last edited:
I've just signed up to host another weeks theme. We are in our 7th year here.

For those of you newer seasonistas and Everyone else,

I thought I would put a call out to everyone that is involved and loves the seasons. Being a host is a fun and satisfying experience. You make the rules for your week so everything is on your terms. From the time that I have been here, I don't think I've seen the need for Hosts like we need right now. Go on over and take a look at the sign-up dates and consider signing up.

Heres the deal-
The seasons started out as a six-week challenge and no one knew that the interest would bring it along for this long. We get more and more people finding us and joining in every week. That's how great this place is and we don't want to see it go away. We rely on weekly volunteers to keep going.

There is a list of what the season's themes have been over the years to take a look at, but don't worry.
If there is something you want to do, go for it!
If you only have limited time and want to set your week up with one song per seasonista that is fine.
If you need help it is all around you.
If you don't know how to get started there is a video that can help you get things up and running.
If you need further help or have questions just ask. This thread is a good place for questions. You will be surprised by how much help you will get!

Have a great day everyone and keep strumming :)

Well said, Linda. Also, you do not have to provide physical prizes. Just a little nod of recognition is a wonderful thing!

Hosting a Season is fun, and really doesn't need to take up much time. However much time you're willing to spend hosting will be much appreciated.

Seasons of the Ukulele is a unique, fun, and wonderful institution. Let's keep it running!

Yes, the prize is just a fun thing but not necessary. I like hearing from the host what vids he liked. If get lucky enough to be included that is prize enough :) The biggest reward is participating.

Also, Pabrizzer is the Seasons Coordinator.
Kudos to him for keeping everything up to date!

Bumble bees with their big bodies and tiny wings defy the laws of gravity.
They should not be able to fly but they do. Filmed one going about its business.

When my daughter was on the high school track team, I recorded a few track videos. At the last home cross-country meet every season, after the race all the seniors run into Horn Pond and stand there for a few minutes. When she was a senior five years ago, I recorded a four minute video of the team standing on shore, then running into the pond. This video has gotten half again as many views as the most popular ukulele video I've ever made, with people having watched it all over the world. When I tried to figure out why, I found that there are apparently people in this world who have a fetish about people in wet sports uniforms. This would be creepy if it wasn't so funny, because there is nothing in this video that is remotely titillating in any way. Unless of course you have this particular fetish. And I'm hoping none of the Seasonistas do.

:uhoh:

When my daughter was on the high school track team, I recorded a few track videos. At the last home cross-country meet every season, after the race all the seniors run into Horn Pond and stand there for a few minutes. When she was a senior five years ago, I recorded a four minute video of the team standing on shore, then running into the pond. This video has gotten half again as many views as the most popular ukulele video I've ever made, with people having watched it all over the world. When I tried to figure out why, I found that there are apparently people in this world who have a fetish about people in wet sports uniforms. This would be creepy if it wasn't so funny, because there is nothing in this video that is remotely titillating in any way. Unless of course you have this particular fetish. And I'm hoping none of the Seasonistas do.

:uhoh:

That really made me laugh, Jim. The idea of having a fetish for people in wet sports gear watching a video of your daughter and her classmates.

Weird is the only way I can think of to express it. :wtf: :anyone:

We did really well and we shouldn't be too disappointed! The Croatian team were older and more experienced; the English team are young and still learning and they did brilliantly to get as far as they did - they're going to be getting better and better. Roll on the European Cup!

Top Bottom