Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Last edited:
There is also a "Tags" field when you upload a YouTube video, so I put it in there too.

Thanks, Brian and Steve! I've never noticed the "Tags" field before. NOW, our washing machine exploded in the middle of the night and someone I valued as a true friend has suddenly and inexplicably "disowned" me ... I don't think these two incidents were, in any way, connected!!!! Will someone PLEASE cheer me up! (You might find me down by the river scrubbing my "smalls" on a stone.)

Last edited:
Thanks, Brian and Steve! I've never noticed the "Tags" field before. NOW, our washing machine exploded in the middle of the night and someone I valued as a true friend has suddenly and inexplicably "disowned" me ... I don't think these two incidents were, in any way, connected!!!! Will someone PLEASE cheer me up! (You might find me down by the river scrubbing my "smalls" on a stone.)
I always find a bit of Ivor Cutler always cheers me up. Considered doing this for Ryan’s season but time constraints n all that :D

Oooh, THANK YOU, Keith and John ... I am feeling IMMENSELY cheered; loved both of those! Brill Jug Band (including an Englishman?) ... wonder if they'd lend me that washboard; and I need to find out more about Ivor Cutler.

Last edited:
...I need to find out more about Ivor Cutler.

A true eccentric. His poems and songs were short & bizarre, and his "Life In A Scotch Sitting Room" monologues were a regular feature on the John Peel show for many years.

I ran across this article about "This Land Is Your Land" and thought about the Season of Protest song that ran a few years back, when I was still participating. I had an idea for a story ( I also am an author) about Protesting the government. The idea was that a group formed and decided to use Ukuleles to supplement their protest songs. One of the key scenes was about Moscow Mitch hearing a Ukulele playing outside his office and screaming for his security guards! :D

Here's the Link. https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...t-known-protest-song?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Interesting that there were two verses that get left out of the original, even though Pete Seeger kept them in.

In this time of social distancing (or freaking out over Covid-19) it might be time for another Protest Season? It might even get me to use my new found Linux recording software and posting to the season. Maybe a season of original Protest songs?

Was thinking about "I'm Stuck in the Trump Funk Again!";)

Last edited:
will be busy the next month as my brother and I are moving a couple hours away into a more stable living situation. Will be nice living a half mile from a public beach and closer to family.

Top Bottom