Page 330 of 334 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3331

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam! Lovely Spam! Wonderful Spam!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    those other ukes look great but i cannot deny i adore the headstock on the fender!
    curious which fender are you most in love with? I like the jazzmaster looking one but they don't come with fishman pre-amps anymore. Won't be available until the end of April either.

sadly i can't find a vid of them in action, but ALL these new fullerton shapes look gorgeous!

lynda

acid skiffle

that video gives the best view I have seen for the white Jazzmaster. All the pics online I have seen had it in front of a white background. Makes it a bit tough for me to see it well.

more views, jazzmaster starts about 1 minute and 47 seconds in

lynda

acid skiffle

bari players and tenor guitar fans may wish to step away from the computer and lock their wallets in a cupboard AT ONCE

lynda

acid skiffle

that tenor tele is impressive. What are the strings tuned to on that? Thanks for showing it to us.

it's DGBE, like a bari - but you can put any strings on and tune it to what you like, there are lots of other tenor guitar tunings, and i don't see why, with the right gauge strings, it couldn't be tuned GCEA? like a uke? the scale is 22 and 3/4 inches, shorter than a full size guitar, but a BIT longer than a bari uke - the DGBE strings off a light gauge guitar EADGBE set might tune up to GCEA very nicely
    lynda

acid skiffle

Ooh, I wish I hadn't seen that!!! Mind you, it's a bit pricey and I don't even really play anything electric. I DON'T NEED IT!!!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    it's DGBE, like a bari - but you can put any strings on and tune it to what you like, there are lots of other tenor guitar tunings, and i don't see why, with the right gauge strings, it couldn't be tuned GCEA? like a uke? the scale is 22 and 3/4 inches, shorter than a full size guitar, but a BIT longer than a bari uke - the DGBE strings off a light gauge guitar EADGBE set might tune up to GCEA very nicely
    I use the top 4 strings out of classical guitar sets on my tenor ukes that are tuned GCEA. So I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing on a tenor guitar.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Thread Information