Page 333 of 340 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3392

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

fair enough. anyone have a lead on an ukulele course for the flamenco style if there is one?

Just enter 'flamenco on ukulele' in your favourite online search engine, I found loads of links.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

cool. will give that a try. was thinking of a full course like skillshare or truefire where there is a string of videos in a series. I'll go the cheap route.

I looked further into cameras and think it will be best to get a name brand camcorder than a still camera. It will be slightly cheaper to buy a new sony handycam than to buy a used canon camera with a lens and it can even do 1080 at 60fps if I wanted it to. Also took a while to find specs on the canon eos camera and it appears to not save video? I did some youtube searches on that cheap camera and it is a lemon.

as an aside, I found a uke comic!

peanuts ukulele.jpg

not a uke cover, but excellent nevertheless. Definitely worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony Smurf View Post
    I looked further into cameras and think it will be best to get a name brand camcorder than a still camera. It will be slightly cheaper to buy a new sony handycam than to buy a used canon camera with a lens and it can even do 1080 at 60fps if I wanted it to. Also took a while to find specs on the canon eos camera and it appears to not save video? I did some youtube searches on that cheap camera and it is a lemon.

peanuts ukulele.jpg
    I dont know much about camcorders, but googling the Sony Handycams they look very promising.
    I spend a lot of time googling for the best compact still camera for video, and Sony Rx100 come in as king in most reviews. As far as I can see, many of sonys Handycams come with the same sensor size, so It can hardly be a mistake to go with.
    The reason I go with a still camera myself, is that I like to take still pictures as well and prefer one solution for both :-)
    I have been using an Olympus EPM1 for years, a small mirrorless camera with interchangable lenses. I put on a Lumix f1. 7 prime lens. I recently "upgraded" to a fuji X70 fixed lens compact camera. I am not sure I figured out the right video settings, for now I like the old camera video better.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

here is a video of some quirky things at NAMM that I found entertaining. there is a cool uke at 7:53 that looks fun and a rockin' one right afterwards that appears to be a steel string solid body uke(I could be wrong).

Ukulele player since November 2013 and started playing toy piano in July of 2019. Lover of electric ukulele!

IG: @harmonysssmurf
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFt..._as=subscriber
    FB: Kelly Letourneau
    SC: https://soundcloud.com/stargazer-smurf

Bio:
    Interests: Astronomy, magic the gathering, ukulele, toy piano, clarinet and my kitties!

lol love that uke! i think the electric one is a bass https://tinyboybass.com/spec.html 23 inch scale?
    lynda

acid skiffle

yep. I confirm your suspicion that it was a bass by seeing the other designs in the background. my bad.
    Ukulele player since November 2013 and started playing toy piano in July of 2019. Lover of electric ukulele!

IG: @harmonysssmurf
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFt..._as=subscriber
    FB: Kelly Letourneau
    SC: https://soundcloud.com/stargazer-smurf

Bio:
    Interests: Astronomy, magic the gathering, ukulele, toy piano, clarinet and my kitties!

Gotta love it when things come together completely by accident and chance. SO tonight I was making a thumbnail on canva.com on an entry Jon and I collab'd on... Here's the thumbnail I made on purpose:

Not bad, right?

I enjoy making up goofy band names too. WHile making that, this accidentally came through

Last edited by Joko; 02-13-2020 at 05:02 AM.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Can't see anything, Joko ... or is it just me???
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thread Information