Page 353 of 354 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354 LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3540

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Well last night was a great success. My set was slightly ropey, my nerves took over and for some reason I decided not to play easy songs to compensate. Singing into a mic again took some getting used to as well.

We had a jam at the end of the night though which was chaotic but this one came out alright. Big shout out to my new Laney mini amp for being able to cut through the house PA.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Great stuff, Ryan!

I just came across this vid of my scary grand-daughter. She is the only girl among four grandchildren and is determined not to be dominated by her brother or male cousins. She will be seven at the beginning of next week and she also plays the drums!!!

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 09.45.46 - Edited.jpg
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Love that Val! Your son (?) is really talented and Amelie's a little rock star!

Out of interest, when did she start the drums? Nathan is six next month and has expressed an interest....
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Hello, Ryan! Yes .. our son, Tom, who actually IS a musician. Tom actually started on drum kit when he was about ten (he went to a chap in Pulborough called Pete, who played in a Black Sabbath tribute band.) Amelie's drum kit is obviously a small one. If you like, I'll ask Tom what he thinks is a reasonable age to start.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Saw this released today and thought some (Ralf? UkeFoot? Ryan? BEV?) might be interested.

Milo Aukerman, of Descendents and ALL fame, has put out a 7
    Last edited by Desert Pavement; 10-07-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

ooh, he's guitalele-ing!

lynda

acid skiffle

YouTube at it again. Changing things and messing up my settings. I had an upload page bookmarked for "TootlinGeoff", the channel I use for most of my videos and certainly for the seasons videos. They changed the settings and defaulted to my other channel which I rarely use as it was a 'default' one they set up during some previous set of changes. Result, delete original upload and re-upload. Grrrrrr!

It gets worse. I changed channels to TootlinGeoff went to the studio, selected playlist and new playlist and it created the playlist in the Geoff Walker channel I eventually found a link to the TootlinGeoff Channel and created the playlist there which is where I wanted it. So now I have an empty playlist in the Geoff Walker channel that I don't want but I can't find a link to delete it. Grrrrrr!!

Have they not heard of If it ain't broke don't fix it? Grrrrr!
    Last edited by Tootler; 10-10-2020 at 11:09 AM. Reason: More rant.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Just stopping in to say Howdy. I had an operation that screwed up my left hand and to has taken about 8-9 weeks to get the dexterity back to play. Still not great but I can play my Bari again. When the Dr told me that I might never play again, I was a bit depressed and gave away four of my Ukes to family. The great news is my nephews are all getting down, and one has UAS so bad he bought a Banjolele!

I'm about a week away from finishing radiation therapy and Dr says I should feel better by Christmas so I hope to get back with Gary and do some songs then. Gary's playing his new Martin Guitar and hoping to get his gig band back on stage, so we've not been doing any Sunburst Singers collaborations.

Lil's new season is real good. Later Folks.

Aloha Seasonistas, it's my sad heart to let you know Lesley Fowles has passed away today, she passed away in her sleep with the family around her playing her music. Please play a song for her here or on my one talk thread
    Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

Quote Originally Posted by mm stan View Post
    Aloha Seasonistas, it's my sad heart to let you know Lesley Fowles has passed away today, she passed away in her sleep with the family around her playing her music. Please play a song for her here or on my one talk thread
    Such sad news.
    Rest in peace Lesley Fowkes.
    It is almost time for me to do my yearly recording of her beautifully composed Christmas carol.
    Here is my last year's version.

Thread Information