Page 362 of 363 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363 LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3622

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    I have gotten the message about copyrighted materiale perhaps a handful of times. I havent noticed ads actually being put on my videos, but I dont really check.
    I'm just happy that they don't shut my channel down :-)
    A "copyright claim" only means they might post an ad. There's a few artists who won't let covers of their songs be posted at all. I once posted a Supertramp cover (which YouTube's own listing said was allowed to be covered in the U.S.). I immediately got a copyright "strike" against me, and my entire channel was put into quarantine until I watched a copyright re-education training video. I don't know if it works the same in all countries, but in the U.S. if you go some number of months without another strike the previous one will be deleted. BUT, if you get three strikes YouTube will delete your entire channel and all videos attached to it.
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    I would like to know the stats divided on youtube searches vs external/playlist. If everyone who findes my video through searches quit before 10s, and the only thing pulling up the statistics is the rest of you, perhaps I should unlist it all. I realize that a lot of people will click on stuff and change their mind, but it only takes a few who watches it all to change the average to more than 10% or so.
    Mikkel, in YT studio on my iPad I can see that breakdown in the Reach tab of the Analytics section.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    Mikkel, in YT studio on my iPad I can see that breakdown in the Reach tab of the Analytics section.
    I can't find the view length stats there on my Android, but I just discovered that I can click on the stats and choose the time period. The first week or two will be people from this forum, the rest random people stumbling upon it.
    It seems that some videos strangers will watch to some extend, while others they click and hurry away from.
    Playing:
    Anuenue AMM tenor - Magic Fluke Koa Tenor - Cocobolo concert - Kamaka Tiki concert - Cort concert - Ohana LN soprano.

Of the handful of times I've uploaded a cover that then got recognized by the AI as someone else's intellectual property, I am thrilled. That means I performed so close to the original that a machine noticed it!

I'm here also bring back old Season memories on the dawn of Liz's destinations week.
    From 81 -
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

My entry for Season 479 is Sweet Home Chicago, which for reasons I'll explain later, needed to be performed live in front of an audience. Then I mistekenly pushed record twice and I ended up well... it's not quite as bad as bombing.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

I know we have a few Seasonistas who are pretty good at multitracking and multi-videoing, but spare a thought for the poor soul who had to edit this one. I am in there somewhere - if you spot me, please let me know...

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Speaking as someone who can barely get his videos to sync up with himself that is some mind blowing work.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Facebook

YouTube

This is April 21, 2021 in Port Hope, Ontario.
    April 21, 2021 b.jpg April 21, 2021 c.jpg April 21, 2021 d.jpg April 21, 2021 e.jpg
    The first three are my yard at about 9:30. Poor daffodil.
    The 4th is the town park right after I came out of the dentist's office this morning with my mouth as frozen as the park.

It Paul bunyon & Bandshell.jpg

You may recognise that bandshell if you saw the movie IT, which was filmed in Port Hope. The Paul Bunyon statue only stayed there for a few weeks and there were American flags allover town, even on the town hall.
    Last edited by Jim Yates; 04-21-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Thought you might be interested to see this fascinating short vid of Seasonista engravertom at work, engraving here a mandolin tailpiece by hand:

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

My collaborations with Liz Brinker: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...io6W9Et8o6pfg-

youtube vids have sound and video out of synch for me at the moment, on my android phone (everything is fine on my laptop) ... i think the sound is lagging behind the visuals. it's been a low level frustration for a little while now, but today when i was trying to jot down the chords from an old video of mine, it made the job even harder because the chord i was seeing didn't always match the chord i was hearing!!! anyone else having this problem? any idea how an ignorant technophobe might fix it?
    lynda

i'm interested in one thing, and one thing only. and that's bent coppers.

Thread Information