Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I once read a McCartney interview where Paul said that John took the line "I'd rather see you dead little girl than to be with another man" from some obscure old blues song.
You are right Randy. I’ve just been checking my “goto” reference for Beatles songs, Ian Macdonald’s Revolution in The Head, ( great read by the way for anyone interested in the Fab Four), and it says Lennon took that whole line from Arthur Gunter’s Let’s Play House, which was later recorded by Elvis.

As there is always someone who can take offense of anything, you can't avoid completely stepping on some peoples toes.

You can try to be aware of what will offend the exact audience you are addressing, trying not to offend them too much in general. But if you have a wide audience on the internet, it is not possible to suit everyone. And you can't just keep shutting up and having no fun as the only way to be safe.

That being said, offending people just to prove your freedom of speech is not very wholesome either. Sometimes you see a few people who complain about political correctness, just as an excuse to be a-holes.

"Political Correctness" is a dangerous expression. You rarely hear people say they like political correctness, but often you hear people say they don't like it. Because per definition it is a term you use about "going too far" to avoid offending people, or at least changing customs to avoid it. And nobody will say that they like "too much" of something. But not being offensive is not bad in it self.

The important thing is to avoid that people sometimes happen to be offended by what other people say in good intention. The important thing is to be civil about it from both sides when it inevitably happens.

All of this right here

I believe that if we're looking for evil intent in a song, we're gonna find it. It's more about us than the song in most cases.
I'm sure Charlie Manson and Helter Skelter are testament to that.

Hi guys,

I have a bit of unrelated news... Because of all the work with the videos for the seasons I seem now to be able to create video presentations and have made one for my company. As fellow youtubers, could I kindly ask to have a look and let me know your comments. Maybe a thumbs up if you like it. If you don't think it belongs here then just let me know as well. I know it is unrelated...

All the best, Mads.

PS. Still hoping to make a video for the current fab season.

hmm. had some problems uploading so it uploaded twice. Don't know how to delete posts.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Long-term no see. Just wanted to reacquaint myself after a long absence. Been a busy year and more, with much travelling by car to see my other half who lives far from me, and unfortunately, his horrible neighbours who complain about noise if I practice or make a video (and I always do a gazillion takes to get it right, so it's not a quick process!!!), So I have been limited very much with my playing and been frustrated a lot.

I dropped my computer too and couldn't log in here with my tablet and couldn't change password...but then did manage, then it wouldn't let me again, giving errors. And then I was sick. A Lot.

So, as we say here in Ireland, between the jigs and the reels, I just haven't been up to Seasonista stuff for a long time and also was concentrating on playing live when I could instead. However, new computer, so I can edit videos again, yay! And slowly getting back on top of things and normality after a very disjointed period of time. Hoping to do the odd season again finally too ��

Been trying to film birds in the garden now that Spring has begun to arrive.
The Birdsong was taken from the BBC and associated birds were from my garden.

Hi all,

Long-term no see. Just wanted to reacquaint myself after a long absence. Been a busy year and more, with much travelling by car to see my other half who lives far from me, and unfortunately, his horrible neighbours who complain about noise if I practice or make a video (and I always do a gazillion takes to get it right, so it's not a quick process!!!), So I have been limited very much with my playing and been frustrated a lot.

I dropped my computer too and couldn't log in here with my tablet and couldn't change password...but then did manage, then it wouldn't let me again, giving errors. And then I was sick. A Lot.

So, as we say here in Ireland, between the jigs and the reels, I just haven't been up to Seasonista stuff for a long time and also was concentrating on playing live when I could instead. However, new computer, so I can edit videos again, yay! And slowly getting back on top of things and normality after a very disjointed period of time. Hoping to do the odd season again finally too ��

Great news, Elena!

I thought about doing the Veruca Salt song "Forsythia" for last week's Season, because our forsythias were just about to bloom. And now they are blooming, which mean I'll bring in a small branch every day and let Eisley nibble on the flowers.

IMG_6521.jpg

happy Easter in advance to everyone. I'm not religious, but the sun is shining, kids are off school and there are bunnies, blooms, buds and birds all around : )

Top Bottom