Page 338 of 346 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3460

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

The Queen let her miniature Corgis loose in out yard.
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 03-24-2020 at 01:02 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Just signed up to the Discord thing.
    Looks like we are nearing the end of the seasons as we know it.

discord is pretty cool. did you find one for the uke?
    Ukulele player since November 2013 and started playing toy piano in July of 2019. Lover of electric ukulele!

IG: @harmonysssmurf
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFt..._as=subscriber
    FB: Kelly Letourneau
    SC: https://soundcloud.com/stargazer-smurf

Bio:
    Interests: Astronomy, magic the gathering, ukulele, toy piano, clarinet and my kitties!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony Smurf View Post
    discord is pretty cool. did you find one for the uke?
    that's where they want ukulele underground to go

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    that's where they want ukulele underground to go
    Did they not say that they would keep the present site running? (I'm not even sure that I can get "Discord" and it doesn't really look as though it fits in with the way things are run on the Seasons at the moment.)
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

as i understand it, lack of mods, not enough money, a very old system and software, and the security issues that result from that, are basically putting the UU forum on severely borrowed time. even if the problems of mods and money could be fixed, it might not be enough. i've signed up to discord and it's working ok in my browser - i haven't had to download anything. there is a seasons page set up for us there, with some chit chat already developing
    lynda

acid skiffle

I think we would need a new Channel each week, or all the Seasons would end up in one huge conversation. I have asked Ryan if this is possible. Even if they were set up in advance, we would need somebody to have the power to re-name them as the Season starts.

As far as the need for money goes, I am happy to pay a little each month, but the current VIP scheme gets a bit of bad press from people who say they can't cancel it easily. Patreon is another possibility which has been mentioned, and I know that is easy & flexible. I think Ryan will take all comments on board and may find another way through this.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I made a user profile and tried it out.
    I dont see it working for creating the Seasons.
    Perhaps if more takes place directly in YouTube... But it would not give the same sense of community imo.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

discord, strife, conflict, contention, dissension, variance mean a state or condition marked by a lack of agreement or harmony. discord implies an intrinsic or essential lack of harmony producing quarreling, factiousness, or antagonism.
    That doesn't sound anything like The Seasons.....
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Del, Bruko Jim and I have been messing around in Discord, and it is less than ideal compared to this format. However, I think we are figuring out some work arounds. If you submit something for a season and use a hash tag, for example "#Season425" for my upcoming season, then you can search the thread for everything with that tag. Creating a separate thread for each season would be better, but if we could at least pin the current season OP to the top of the seasons thread then everyone would know what hash tag to use and have the links for the playlist, etc.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Thread Information