Page 342 of 347 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3461

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Hey, Booli, good to see you posting again.

I'm not active here at the moment, having other instruments taking over my time, but intend getting back at some time in the future.

Stay safe.
    Hi Keith - thanks for the kind words. Nice to see you here too.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    yes, so good to see you booli! really hope you are holding up ok after everything that has happened, and with everything going on now
    Hi BEV - always nice to see your posts as well I am used to being a hermit from when I was taking care of my mother, since I only left the house for taking her to the doctors, or to get groceries or fill prescriptions during her care. At least I have a little back yard so I can go outside in the fresh air, and not have to venture out into a public place in order to combat the claustrophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by lelouden View Post
    Hi Booli, I too have other things pressing me away from the seasons ... I am truly sorry to hear about your mother. Loosing your mom is the hardest!

Take care!
    Linda
    Hi Linda - thank you for your compassion and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony Smurf View Post
    sorry about your loss Booli. I know I will be a wreck when the time comes for me to experience that. I certainly was when my father passed on in the early 2000's. Took me about ten years to be able to complete some songs without tearing up that were about father/son relationships. I hope your suffering isn't as prolonged and difficult as mine was.
    Hi Harmony Smurf - Thank you for your kinds words. Loss of a parent is definitely not easy at all, especially having been her sole caretaker 24/7 during the last 2 years of her life.

Her absence has created a huge void, with grief and pain that is beyond description.

After seeing the news updates about the virus, I am able to console myself that my mother does not have to suffer the panic and anxiety about the virus, nor deal with the lockdown-isolation that might have become her existence if she was living in a nursing home or hospice.

I am just taking things one day at a time and it feels like life is 'on-hold' pending the global AND local societal recovery from the effects of the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    I despise Facebook and would never sign up to it.
    I agree with you. IMHO, FB is the devi, LOL.

--

Not sure when I will get back online, but I just wanted to wish all Seasonistas and other UU friends here to stay strong, find ways to keep yourself both mentally and physically healthy during this time.

Even though I have not been in the weekly sessions, nor commenting here or YT, I have often seen many of your videos and in my time as a caregiver, watching your Seasons videos have help me to retain my sanity, and at least a little 'seed' of optimism for the future.

That seed is more important now than ever before and I hope to nurture it to bear fruit.

I am deeply grateful to all of you for persisting in your participation in the Seasons all of this time, and also apologize for being away/offline for so long and not showing my appreciation sooner.

Thank you all.
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

have any brits checked out the new peter kay "car share" audio special over on i-player? i just had a listen and it was a proper tonic!
    lynda

acid skiffle

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    have any brits checked out the new peter kay "car share" audio special over on i-player? i just had a listen and it was a proper tonic!
    ooh, thanks for the tip.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

OK Seasonista, help… I am logged on, on my phone, and can get to the Seasons forum but it will not let me post a new thread for this Season that I am hosting. When I push the new thread button nothing happens.
    So I went to the regular PC And log on there and no matter where I click I cannot get to the seasons for him only to UU+ contest section that has one video.

I have been on Ukulele Underground for so long I believe I’m grandfathered in and I have never had to pay anything to belong has this changed. Again, help I’m trying to post the new Season!

Appears to be working OK for me, I can open a new thread in The Seasons thread.

Heres a link to a new thread, see if it works for you.
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...newthread&f=47
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Weird Keith!

Okay, finally posted! Strange phenomenon to go with the theme of my Season I guess, lol. Everything is fine and showing up on my iphone except when I tried to add a topic it would not let me make a new post. If I go directly to the Ukulele Underground site there is no sub-forum for the Seasons. We found the forum only by looking up directly Seasons of the Ukulele. So that means if I tell a friend to join us here I cannot tell them to go to Ukulele Underground. But to look up the Seasons separately. I want people to know about UU. It's a great way to learn and how I got as far as I am. What does this mean?
    Last edited by bonesigh; 04-11-2020 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added content

here's the link to the main seasons index page, all navigation seems to be working fine for me, but if you're having problems janet, this link might help, and also be a link you can forward to friends to bring them straight here to the seasons?

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...of-the-Ukulele
    lynda

acid skiffle

Easter Sunday Finland
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Don't forget the Seasons are under UU Contests on the main page, Janet.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Alternatively, go to the Forums Main Page, Click on 'Ukulele Boards' and the seasons will show up as one of the available sub forums.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Thread Information