Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Was a bit irritated by some responses on a piano forum to a question I proposed about my future purpose of a digital piano. I was very clear that my budget was very constrained(300-500 dollar range) due to my living on a disability pension and still got responses that said 500 dollars is far too low of a price for an "acceptable" digital piano. Some of the responses said to get an acoustic piano and move it by myself into my home. They are completely oblivious to my statement that I have a back disability. Even saw a post by someone who stated that he will never use a virtual instrument because of the 10ms latency with his computer. He had plenty of replies of people sharing studies that stated that isn't even perceptible. Even if it was, you could easily put a delay on the other tracks to line things up perfectly.

Happy I generally don't have to deal with that sort of thing around here for the most part.

Today I saw this video that put things into a different perspective. The 2000 dollar violin bow sounded like tripe compared to the high end bows demonstrated in this video.

I've opened up some new weeks for hosting in the Sign up for future Seasons III thread.
Hosting is what keeps this place going and we are about to head in to our 9th year....

Was a bit irritated by some responses on a piano forum to a question I proposed about my future purpose of a digital piano. I was very clear that my budget was very constrained(300-500 dollar range).....

I bought a very nice Yamaha Digital Piano for £250, a 77 key with pressure sensitive keys, so you don't have to spend a lot to get a good instrument, maybe worth a look.

interview tonight on Edge Radio 99.3FM Hobart
link here. scroll to around 7'13"52"' if you're interested to listen
the map

I bought a very nice Yamaha Digital Piano for £250, a 77 key with pressure sensitive keys, so you don't have to spend a lot to get a good instrument, maybe worth a look.

Pressure sensitive keys is not always the same as weighted keys. Keys kan be spring loaded and pressure sensitive. If you want that piano feel, it is important to go for weighted keys.

Things took an interesting turn in the piano forum. :p Someone claimed to notice even a 1ms delay. What an incredibly ridiculous claim to make. I even demonstrated that it can't be perceived on soundcloud and heard...exactly nothing. I am awaiting their reply to my file. I enjoy fanning the flames! :D

Harmony Smurf; I used to play a bit of piano and had a Yamaha with 88 weighted keys. Pretty sure it was a P115. It was real nice and especially the grand piano sounded good. Just had a look and it is within your price range, so maybe worth checking out at a local music store. Sold it when baby arrived and my music studio was converted into a nursery... fast forward about a year and the first little new uke arrived, the first of many, so now the whole house is a music studio LOL

Look what I found just laying around the office today!

80002703_10217971975669800_2828353504785989632_n.jpg

ME: OK Google. How to tune a 4 string banjo

Google: C3 G3 D4 A4

OK: *turn" "pluck"

oUCH... That jump from the 3rd to the 2nd string... Tuned to the 7th above the G.. ouch. Painful on the ears.

What Christmas songs sound good on a banjo?

Top Bottom