Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

pop history from the 60'S in Dylan's latest song.
A man shaped by music and murder most foul.

Has anybody else stopped getting notifications of comments on their YouTube videos? I used to see a summary of comments in YouTube itself (when I clicked on the bell icon), got emails telling me, and saw them in the YouTube inbox on the app on my phone. But recently, little or nothing. I have just gone through three videos from the last week, and found lots of comments I hadn't been notified of.

Has anybody else stopped getting notifications of comments on their YouTube videos? I used to see a summary of comments in YouTube itself (when I clicked on the bell icon), got emails telling me, and saw them in the YouTube inbox on the app on my phone. But recently, little or nothing. I have just gone through three videos from the last week, and found lots of comments I hadn't been notified of.

Yes, same with me Steve. And I no longer trust the view count either....
Part of the improvements that mean my elderly Mac is no longer compatible with youtube as well I suppose......

Last edited:

Mine only come through on the YouTube Creator Studio app. I only get notifications for replies to comments on the YouTube app proper.

Same here. The last time the bell lit up as having "1" new comment, and when I looked there were really 3.

I just spent a few minutes going through the several layers of steps you have to go through in the new YouTube Creator Studio to find info that was easy to find in the past. I found one very scary thing -- it said that over the past 28 days, 0.3% of the views my videos had were the result of a Google search for "bloody stream ukulele"!
:wtf:

And ... this is sort of related to the comments above. I can only apologise to everyone who has taken the trouble to listen to and comment on anything I have done in the last three weeks or so. Because our Internet has been so slow, I have had to pick and choose those times when I can reply to you ... and I have got woefully behind. I am STILL behind, despite spending the last half hour or so trying to catch up. I will get there eventually! Meanwhile, all best wishes to everyone ... stay safe!

Hi Keith - thanks for the kind words. Nice to see you here too. :)

Hi BEV - always nice to see your posts as well :) I am used to being a hermit from when I was taking care of my mother, since I only left the house for taking her to the doctors, or to get groceries or fill prescriptions during her care. At least I have a little back yard so I can go outside in the fresh air, and not have to venture out into a public place in order to combat the claustrophobia.

Hi Linda - thank you for your compassion and kindness.

Hi Harmony Smurf - Thank you for your kinds words. Loss of a parent is definitely not easy at all, especially having been her sole caretaker 24/7 during the last 2 years of her life.

Her absence has created a huge void, with grief and pain that is beyond description.

After seeing the news updates about the virus, I am able to console myself that my mother does not have to suffer the panic and anxiety about the virus, nor deal with the lockdown-isolation that might have become her existence if she was living in a nursing home or hospice.

I am just taking things one day at a time and it feels like life is 'on-hold' pending the global AND local societal recovery from the effects of the virus.

I agree with you. IMHO, FB is the devi, LOL.

--

Not sure when I will get back online, but I just wanted to wish all Seasonistas and other UU friends here to stay strong, find ways to keep yourself both mentally and physically healthy during this time.

Even though I have not been in the weekly sessions, nor commenting here or YT, I have often seen many of your videos and in my time as a caregiver, watching your Seasons videos have help me to retain my sanity, and at least a little 'seed' of optimism for the future.

That seed is more important now than ever before and I hope to nurture it to bear fruit.

I am deeply grateful to all of you for persisting in your participation in the Seasons all of this time, and also apologize for being away/offline for so long and not showing my appreciation sooner.

Thank you all. :rock:

I didn't know about your loss Booli not having spent much time on the Seasons myself lately. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Oh, I was looking up "bloody stream ukulele"!..............Just kidding! That really is strange, cookoo! Strange for me that when I go straight to the Ukulele Underground Site there is no sub-forum for the Seasons at all. The first thing it say's is that my subscription has expired (I never had one). Go to the bottom and click on Forums and it only brings up a few and when I click on Contests it only brings up a video of Joe Pringle playing "We Belong Together". ??? The only way for me to get in was through the backdoor by searching for 'Seasons of the Ukulele'.

I hope we get to stay on this site and continue. If not I hope I receive word where it will continue. I just looked at PHPBB......I can't even understand the first line of a tutorial I watched. Uggh. Totally NOT a technology guru ):

Also it's funny how when on my iphone I can not make comments on video's (yes, I'm logged in). So I have to wait for the computer to be available. So though I watch video's more often than I participate these days, I can't make comments easily.

Take it easy out there all!!

Hope this is the right place to ask this. I've only entered the Seasons 3 or 4 times and as it's listed under Contests I wondered if there's supposed to be any sort of end result? I ask because way before I was brave enough to enter there used to be a winner announced so to speak. Maybe it's just coincidemce and they've been few and far between but the ones I've entered haven't had any sort of final outcome announced after the closing date, just sort of fizzled out. I'm not a competetive person in the slightest but I'd find it interesting and useful in my progress to see an outcome to learn from.
Cheers. Stay safe everyone.

The host for the week usually gives a round up after the end of the weeks challenge, it'll be near the end of The Season posts.

(Some people do actually give small prizes, but they are totally at the discretion of the host for that week.)

Look upon it as a group of friends interacting with each other, rather than a competition, :)

P.S. I was absolutely rubbish when I started - but they still welcomed me to the group. :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
Have other Seasonistas noticed the "Inner Light Challenge" from the Material World Foundation originally started by George Harrison, and not run by his wife and son? See https://www.georgeharrison.com/the-material-world-foundation-launches-the-inner-light-challenge/ for more information.

I just worked up and posted a version, which admittedly took some liberties and has bum notes and missed beats (as I like to include) --

Thank you for telling us about this - here's my version - sure hope to see more....

Have other Seasonistas noticed the "Inner Light Challenge" from the Material World Foundation originally started by George Harrison, and now run by his wife and son? See https://www.georgeharrison.com/the-material-world-foundation-launches-the-inner-light-challenge/ for more information.

I just worked up and posted a version, which admittedly took some liberties and has bum notes and missed beats (as I like to include) --

disappointed we don't have a few more versions here BJ ....... maybe they're coming.......

#innerlight2020

Hope they get here soon, Brian! Really love your version of the song!

Top Bottom