Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Oh my, that's a big picture.

Four ukes. This is more than half my collection!

And I waited for the students to arrive,

And waited.

And no one came. Opening night of the "Making Music Club"... 250 eligible students might have come... none did.

Man... what a horrible feeling. I was very bummed out. But next week, I gotta do it again. 4ukes.jpg

I feel for you Joko! I took over leading our local ukulele jam a few months ago and numbers have been generally more down than up. I'm blessed with a couple of loyal and supportive regulars though, and I'm optimistic it will pick up as we get better at publicity and word spreads. The arts centre where it's based are really supportive too. The thing I think will make the biggest difference is we're moving to the café where hopefully passing customers will take an interest and sing along (previously were hidden away in the studio). Time will tell. Please don't give up and do share how it goes with you. It's a learning curve for me too, and any ideas are welcome!

Horrible, Joko ... hope things improve!

I remember Eddie Izzard telling a story about being on a radio show in Scotland
Waiting for a phone call in. Nobody called so he offered 10 pound to the first caller
still nothing then 20, then 40 then 80 and then 100 and nobody took him up
on his offer, so he had to come to the conclusion that nobody was listening to
the live broadcast. Just speaking out into thin air... must be worse than shouting
at buses on a street corner...

Today was Eisley's unofficial 13th birthday. (The real date was probably sometime in the past week.) This is pretty dang old for a rabbit. Molly and I figure we should give him a bun mitzvah, but we haven't really decided what that would consist of.

IMG_4827.jpg

Today was Eisley's unofficial 13th birthday. (The real date was probably sometime in the past week.) This is pretty dang old for a rabbit. Molly and I figure we should give him a bun mitzvah, but we haven't really decided what that would consist of.

View attachment 122495

Might carrots be involved???? (And congratulations to Eisley!)

Oh, dear ... WE LOST!!!! But South Africa were magnificent and deserve to be World Champions! Boo hoo!!!!

What do you mean WE LOST!!! I had a nice little bet on South Africa to win at 9/4
What Scotsman wouldn't??? when England were odds on favourites at 4/5

Yes, well ... I didn't really expect you to be supporting England, Rob! As I said, South Africa played magnificently and deserved to win ... and I felt particularly pleased for Siya Kolisi, who has triumphed against all the odds to captain his country. We just peaked too early. As John says, roll on 2023!

seems i'm on spotify, iTunes and bandcamp. wtf. 30 years writing songs, how did this happen?
huge thanks to Nic Dalton from Half A Cow Records for believing in and feeling the songs i write.
feel very excited and humbled by what's going on.
new rekkid, A Short History of Everything,
and to follow next month, Songs for Lost Shepherds.
all stuff written and recorded this year and the last couple, many for the seasons.
for now, some links. thanks y'all for reading.
more info etc soon.

spotify
iTunes
bandcamp

That's awesome, Jon. You very well deserve it. Few performers I've had the pleasure to know personally (well, online at least) have had the feel of the music, the presence, the soul that you have. It's what you were put here on this planet for and the planet is a better place when more people can hear you.

That's awesome, Jon. You very well deserve it. Few performers I've had the pleasure to know personally (well, online at least) have had the feel of the music, the presence, the soul that you have. It's what you were put here on this planet for and the planet is a better place when more people can hear you.

thank you my brother. what a beautiful comment. love mate.

Earlier in this thread, I was lamenting how sad I was no one showed up to my music class... Well, they came last week!

[video]https://video.frgn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t42.26565-2/10000000_782830015511052_2593083394824638052_n.mp4 ?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6Im9lcF9zZCJ9&_nc_eui2=AeHwHFbuGuSpW9ibK-Mgs9Zo2jtwFYk4vhbrRfEcGADp0Oz0bKRDcTIh8tTyZVS4Uci-Ib-T5EUIJmjNODfOrIl3yLMjMNjiLwS4b-GYC8TlWQ&_nc_oc=AQnf7b8PAfXYOTFmVPaSbtCZC0EoU8uKwKa429uEddz ckv6M8byVl07RO1zAceLsgtk&_nc_pt=1&_nc_ht=video.frgn2-1.fna&oh=0e834b0b88ee8fd49d114c6f62681fb9&oe=5DC47DAF[/video]

dunno why mate but i can't access the film through this link.
in any case, it doesn't matter so much.
LOVE YOU. and everything you stand for and DO.

seems i'm on spotify, iTunes and bandcamp. wtf. 30 years writing songs, how did this happen?
huge thanks to Nic Dalton from Half A Cow Records for believing in and feeling the songs i write.
feel very excited and humbled by what's going on.
new rekkid, A Short History of Everything,
and to follow next month, Songs for Lost Shepherds.
all stuff written and recorded this year and the last couple, many for the seasons.
for now, some links. thanks y'all for reading.
more info etc soon.

spotify
iTunes
bandcamp

Great news Jon, and well deserved. I am off to find you....

Earlier in this thread, I was lamenting how sad I was no one showed up to my music class... Well, they came last week!

[video]https://video.frgn2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t42.26565-2/10000000_782830015511052_2593083394824638052_n.mp4 ?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6Im9lcF9zZCJ9&_nc_eui2=AeHwHFbuGuSpW9ibK-Mgs9Zo2jtwFYk4vhbrRfEcGADp0Oz0bKRDcTIh8tTyZVS4Uci-Ib-T5EUIJmjNODfOrIl3yLMjMNjiLwS4b-GYC8TlWQ&_nc_oc=AQnf7b8PAfXYOTFmVPaSbtCZC0EoU8uKwKa429uEddz ckv6M8byVl07RO1zAceLsgtk&_nc_pt=1&_nc_ht=video.frgn2-1.fna&oh=0e834b0b88ee8fd49d114c6f62681fb9&oe=5DC47DAF[/video]

Yes, there's something the matter with that link, Joko ... it says that the URL has expired. Good news that you actually got some recruits for your class, though.

Top Bottom