Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Hey all...I haven't been on here for a very long time for various reasons, but one being that I recorded my debut single Sailing on the Sea of Love and released it in May. I composed it on my baritone ukulele and it's still there in the mix of the song, but it's not so obvious with all the other instrumentation running through it. Have a listen if you so wish! : )

Hey all...I haven't been on here for a very long time for various reasons, but one being that I recorded my debut single Sailing on the Sea of Love and released it in May. I composed it on my baritone ukulele and it's still there in the mix of the song, but it's not so obvious with all the other instrumentation running through it. Have a listen if you so wish! : )
I just went back and found your first Seasons video, which was for my Deck of Cards week, Season 209. I commented then on the quality of your voice, and I can only repeat that now - this sounds so bloomin' good!

I just went back and found your first Seasons video, which was for my Deck of Cards week, Season 209. I commented then on the quality of your voice, and I can only repeat that now - this sounds so bloomin' good!

Aw thanks Steve - this forum was a really important building block in progressing musically I have to say! : ) as I said over on YT I really must get back to making semi-regular uke videos as part of it!

I thought I was going to have this one done on Monday or Tuesday, but life interfered. This is a song from The Lego Movie 2. It was credited to Dillon Francis. I'd never heard of him, but Wikipedia says he's known for popularizing the moombahton genre. This song is such a studio creation that it's hard to sing live because there's no pauses for breath. The Fluke is being run through the strings sound of an ElectroHarmonix Mel9 box, then that is being run through octaver and chorus effects on a Yamaha MOX6 synthesizer.

Here's the original version in context (may not be available to view in all countries):
Lego Movie 2 - Catchy Song

is this meant to be in season 435 Jim?

Strange things happen when you play the ukulele...

I got a message yesterday from somebody saying that they liked my version of "Yes Sir, I can Boogie", and could they use the audio in a video they were making. I asked what sort of video it was (didn't want to end up as the soundtrack to hardcore p*** or right-wing propoganda), and when I got the reply, I said that was fine.

So, if you speak Spanish, and want to know more about using lentils in Indian cookery, here's the video for you. And for the first 20 seconds, that's me strumming.

Last edited:
So, if you speak Spanish, and want to know more about using lentils in Indian cookery, here's the video for you. And for the first 20 seconds, that's me strumming.

You’re a star Steve! But then we all knew that already!:)

I jumped the fence and had an Impromptu music session with our neighbour at the summerhouse.

finally got approved for a new flat and am finally able to get out of flint! If everything goes right with the move and with the cable company, I should be able to get back online on Tuesday. I miss you folks and will get back into making videos again soon!

finally got approved for a new flat and am finally able to get out of flint! If everything goes right with the move and with the cable company, I should be able to get back online on Tuesday. I miss you folks and will get back into making videos again soon!

Hope your move goes well.

shameless self promotion...
i have a new album coming out soon on Half A Cow Records.
this one all improvised instrumental pieces.
been sorting through the muddy paddock of 70+ recordings that i've made over the last 18 months and reduced the shortlist to 17. listened back and liking it. lil' more culling, some eq and mixing and we're on the bike. joo has made a gorgeous cover.
stay tuned friends!
meanwhile, A Short History Of Everything via bandcamp.
xo
https://halfacow.bandcamp.com/album/a-short-history-of-everything

Top Bottom