Page 331 of 341 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3406

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

i totally agree. worse case scenario is you might have to tune down a step or half a step or something for the strings to feel comfy, often i find you don't know quite what pitch steel strings will be happiest at, it sould be simple maths related to the scale length, but experience tells me it's more weird and random than that! but if you found you did have to tune down a bit, the answer, assuming you weren't happy with tuning down, would be to try a lighter gauge set
    lynda

acid skiffle

just a quick question for those that have a banjo uke. How often do you tune the drum and what value do you tune to with a drum dial?

thanks in advance!

BTW folks, the reason I am asking is because I saw a relatively inexpensive concert sized banjo uke on wish.com tonight! Thought I would share in case any of you all wanted one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    i totally agree. worse case scenario is you might have to tune down a step or half a step or something for the strings to feel comfy, often i find you don't know quite what pitch steel strings will be happiest at, it sould be simple maths related to the scale length, but experience tells me it's more weird and random than that! but if you found you did have to tune down a bit, the answer, assuming you weren't happy with tuning down, would be to try a lighter gauge set
    If you tune down, you can always use a capo to put it back to GCEA. I do that quite often with my 6 string tenor. Capo 2 = instant retuning to ADF#B. Those who get sniffy about a capo don't seem to recognise this.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Just noticed Billie Eilish has a uke song on her album called 8. her voice is bad on it though. Just warning you all. Don't shoot the messenger! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    If you tune down, you can always use a capo to put it back to GCEA. I do that quite often with my 6 string tenor. Capo 2 = instant retuning to ADF#B. Those who get sniffy about a capo don't seem to recognise this.
    oh that is a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony Smurf View Post
    Just noticed Billie Eilish has a uke song on her album called 8. her voice is bad on it though. Just warning you all. Don't shoot the messenger! :P
    nice vocal here

lynda

acid skiffle

yeah, she can sing. Her voice was just bad on that one album track. Was significantly better in the carpool karaoke vid you shared.

BTW, there is a 64 bit plug-in that is sort of cool called backmask that is now donation-ware. It does a spooky reversing of audio files. I have yet to record my satanic messages in reverse though to test it out. https://freakshowindustries.com/

BTW, if you haven't heard her brother's solo music I highly recommend it. His name is FINNEAS and it's on youtube and spotify. His music has an intimate quality like Billie's vocals. I have listened to five tracks so far and was mind-blown by each one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony Smurf View Post
    yeah, she can sing. Her voice was just bad on that one album track. Was significantly better in the carpool karaoke vid you shared.

BTW, there is a 64 bit plug-in that is sort of cool called backmask that is now donation-ware. It does a spooky reversing of audio files. I have yet to record my satanic messages in reverse though to test it out. https://freakshowindustries.com/
    I wish I'd had that when I did the cover of the Rutles "Piggy in the Middle". I could have inserted the backward message from the original: "This little piggy went to market."
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

here is a new picture of my 5 month old Princess Giggles
    Giggles arm.jpg

Thread Information