Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Mark and Westley, What a great way to start the day!
Yes Indeedy Linda, a healthy early morning brisk walk to fill those lungs then finish off with some decent greasy spoon café food, nuffin' better !! Lol
Hope you're on the mend now x

Good on ya Wesley. A fine wee beast you have there Mark. Breakfast looked yummy too.

In other news, well done Kangaroos (said through gritted teeth). Great game, real edge of the seat stuff, fantastically competitive n full on. Just wrong result for us :(
The breakfast is the best in Bournemouth mate, but I'm always being nagged to eat healthier !! Lol
Great game Indeed.

The view from and surrounding area of the Portsmouth ferry port is possibly the most depressing welcome to the UK you could ever hope to have!
The view looking out from the BlueBird Café on shore is much better though Ryan, I was in there this morning .........again.........eeeeek !!! Lol

Last edited:
Snow, I'll give you snow. You can have 4 months of it in the year.
You have your blizzards, your sleet, your wet snow, your slush
you powder snow, light snow, heavy snow, compacted snow
frozen snow, melting snow, the snow that covers the litter and grit
the snow that melts to reveal old crisp packets, cigarette stumps
dog poo, and the debris of four months of winter. Don't talk to me
about snow... I have shovelled enough of it to fill a swimming pool
ten times over. Why only this weekend...

Powerful stuff, Rob! I had a feeling that you would fail to be impressed by our paltry showing of the white stuff. Have just risked life and limb sliding down the hill to have lunch with friends and then back up again afterwards ... the car is now sort of hanging out of the gateway as the road was so slippery I couldn't get any purchase. Just hope to goodness that it doesn't get hit by the snow plough in the morning. (And, yes, the dog poo seems to have vanished under the snow in the back garden, along with the mole hills.)

Powerful stuff, Rob! I had a feeling that you would fail to be impressed by our paltry showing of the white stuff. Have just risked life and limb sliding down the hill to have lunch with friends and then back up again afterwards ... the car is now sort of hanging out of the gateway as the road was so slippery I couldn't get any purchase. Just hope to goodness that it doesn't get hit by the snow plough in the morning. (And, yes, the dog poo seems to have vanished under the snow in the back garden, along with the mole hills.)

I have it on good authority that Dami the wonder dog has learnt semaphore,
and he uses his tail to send me messages, but I am afraid that I have no idea
what he is trying to say... some sort of dog aphorism no doubt. Amongst your
many talents you wouldn't be able to interpret his tag wagging for me... would you?

I have it on good authority that Dami the wonder dog has learnt semaphore,
and he uses his tail to send me messages, but I am afraid that I have no idea
what he is trying to say... some sort of dog aphorism no doubt. Amongst your
many talents you wouldn't be able to interpret his tag wagging for me... would you?

Regrettably, Rob, I am unable to interpret Dami's semaphore ... Clemmie doesn't bother with semaphore, she simply stares me out and it is always perfectly obvious what she wants (it usually involves food.)

The view from and surrounding area of the Portsmouth ferry port is possibly the most depressing welcome to the UK you could ever hope to have!

We used to holiday in Normandy when the kids were small. At first we went out and returned Portsmouth/Caen but latterly we took to coming back Cherbourg to Poole. It was really nice coming into Poole Harbour at dusk and more than once there were fireworks as we entered the harbour. Cherbourg to Poole is also a slightly shorter crossing.

B****y YouTube. They're mucking about with things again.

I usually use the YT Studio App on my iPad/Tablet to read and respond to comments on my videos. Suddenly they seemed to have stopped adding my videos to the Studio until I had a look on my laptop and found that in the process of "updating" the Studio, they have switched me to my other channel for which I have a specific use. It's one they created when they were trying to get us to use our actual names rather than our chosen userid. So now I'll have to re-upload my last three videos to my regular channel.

I've uploaded my last three videos to TootlinGeoff and changed the links in the seasons threads but I've left them on the "Geoff Walker" Channel for now otherwise it will break the links in the playlists.

Correction. The Bonny Lass of Fyvie is now moved as Ryan hadn't yet added it to the Playlist.

Last edited:
I've got two channels, one for uke things, & one for harmonica, & if I forget to change from one to the other, I can pop up as my other channel name, lucky for me, the two use different colour avatars. :)

now for something a little different...

ZV0rX2.gif

I've got two channels, one for uke things, & one for harmonica, & if I forget to change from one to the other, I can pop up as my other channel name, lucky for me, the two use different colour avatars. :)

My point was that it wasn't me that changed me from one channel to the other but Google did it - presumably while "updating" their creator studio. I actually have two different avatars completely on my two channels but as I hadn't (as I thought) altered anything since I last logged in, I didn't check until they were appeared to be missing from the studio app on my iPad

My point was that it wasn't me that changed me from one channel to the other but Google did it - presumably while "updating" their creator studio. I actually have two different avatars completely on my two channels but as I hadn't (as I thought) altered anything since I last logged in, I didn't check until they were appeared to be missing from the studio app on my iPad

Google is the 800 lb Gorilla of the internet and demonstrates that they do not have to answer to folks using their services, since they provide them for 'free' (as in beer, but not free as in libre) and considers us 'users' as fodder to their machine, like tree branches into the 800 h.p. diesel-powered wood-chipper, and then spit out as mulch.

They make changes all the time without notice. I stopped caring about it myself and have chosen only to use YT sparingly.

Geoff, Sorry it is causing headaches for you. I am glad you figured out how to set things to how you want them. :)

Oh, that is FABULOUS ... I could watch it for ages! (But I can't or I'll use up my monthly "allowance"!)

Val, sorry you are now on a metered internet service. Are there no other choices in your region?

Metered internet is so 1992.

Reminds me of the hell of dial-up internet before we had broadband.

I recall the use limited to something like 20 hrs per month, and often, I'd be in mid-download of something and 'click', dropped call, with a message 'your allotment for the month has expired - please wait X days and try again when the counter will reset - THANK YOU' which resulted in a trashed file on my computer.

I used to RAGE over that, 'THANK YOU'!!!?!?!?!?

No, NO thank you, FUUUU!?@?#?$%

LOL

i will say one thing for youtube, it seems finally to have gone back to where you have some control over how a playlist (like the seasons playlists) plays back for you, for a while they seemed to automatically go on to the next song, with no option to wait or pause, so if you started typing a comment you could lose everything you'd said when the next vid came on. now it'll wait til you click to go onto the next vid, with OPTIONS to have the list on autoplay. result! :rock:

My spare room has reasonable acoustics but is overwhelmingly beige

This is just to prove that the rest of my house is not! I was going to do a vid in front of my newly decorated tree but the sound just didn't really work...

IMG_2618.jpg

My spare room has reasonable acoustics but is overwhelmingly beige

This is just to prove that the rest of my house is not! I was going to do a vid in front of my newly decorated tree but the sound just didn't really work...

View attachment 105210

Good tree! I hesitate to say we should all post photos of our trees, as ours is going up tomorrow...it may or may not go well. It should have happened today, but I was delayed by some outside icicle lights (put up yesterday), half of which failed to work. They had served us well for several years, but into the bin they went, and back up the ladder I went to string up some new ones.

Putting the lights up outside is by far the worst job in my opinion! That's the one to get out of the way for sure. Especially before the snow comes in... you might have it already up there (I'm further South, we're expecting it tomorrow :) )

Val, sorry you are now on a metered internet service. Are there no other choices in your region?

Metered internet is so 1992.

Reminds me of the hell of dial-up internet before we had broadband.

I recall the use limited to something like 20 hrs per month, and often, I'd be in mid-download of something and 'click', dropped call, with a message 'your allotment for the month has expired - please wait X days and try again when the counter will reset - THANK YOU' which resulted in a trashed file on my computer.

I used to RAGE over that, 'THANK YOU'!!!?!?!?!?

No, NO thank you, FUUUU!?@?#?$%

LOL

No, Booli! There is absolutely no alternative where we are - up in the hills in deepest France - than to have satellite Internet; and because of the number of users, there is a limited allotment of hours per month. Our service is currently being updated, and within the next two or three years we should have superfast Internet. This is a major undertaking, though. Because of the terrain, the cables will be overhead, rather than buried underground, and will make use of existing poles and, in order to achieve that, there is going to be a lot of tree felling involved. As it is, I have got into the habit of waking early so that I can have an hour of "free" Internet until 6.00 a.m. in order that I can listen to the week's contributions on the Seasons; the service is "unlimited" between midnight and six o'clock in the morning. Oh, well ... eventually we might move into the 21st Century!

Last edited:
Top Bottom