Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Great stuff, Ryan!

I just came across this vid of my scary grand-daughter. She is the only girl among four grandchildren and is determined not to be dominated by her brother or male cousins. She will be seven at the beginning of next week and she also plays the drums!!!

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 09.45.46 - Edited.jpg

Love that Val! Your son (?) is really talented and Amelie's a little rock star!

Out of interest, when did she start the drums? Nathan is six next month and has expressed an interest....

Hello, Ryan! Yes .. our son, Tom, who actually IS a musician. Tom actually started on drum kit when he was about ten (he went to a chap in Pulborough called Pete, who played in a Black Sabbath tribute band.) Amelie's drum kit is obviously a small one. If you like, I'll ask Tom what he thinks is a reasonable age to start.

Saw this released today and thought some (Ralf? UkeFoot? Ryan? BEV?) might be interested.

Milo Aukerman, of Descendents and ALL fame, has put out a 7

Last edited:
YouTube at it again. Changing things and messing up my settings. I had an upload page bookmarked for "TootlinGeoff", the channel I use for most of my videos and certainly for the seasons videos. They changed the settings and defaulted to my other channel which I rarely use as it was a 'default' one they set up during some previous set of changes. Result, delete original upload and re-upload. Grrrrrr! :mad:

It gets worse. I changed channels to TootlinGeoff went to the studio, selected playlist and new playlist and it created the playlist in the Geoff Walker channel I eventually found a link to the TootlinGeoff Channel and created the playlist there which is where I wanted it. So now I have an empty playlist in the Geoff Walker channel that I don't want but I can't find a link to delete it. Grrrrrr!!

Have they not heard of If it ain't broke don't fix it? Grrrrr! :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Just stopping in to say Howdy. I had an operation that screwed up my left hand and to has taken about 8-9 weeks to get the dexterity back to play. Still not great but I can play my Bari again. When the Dr told me that I might never play again, I was a bit depressed and gave away four of my Ukes to family. The great news is my nephews are all getting down, and one has UAS so bad he bought a Banjolele!:eek:

I'm about a week away from finishing radiation therapy and Dr says I should feel better by Christmas so I hope to get back with Gary and do some songs then. Gary's playing his new Martin Guitar and hoping to get his gig band back on stage, so we've not been doing any Sunburst Singers collaborations.

Lil's new season is real good. Later Folks.

Aloha Seasonistas, it's my sad heart to let you know Lesley Fowles has passed away today, she passed away in her sleep with the family around her playing her music. Please play a song for her here or on my one talk thread

Aloha Seasonistas, it's my sad heart to let you know Lesley Fowles has passed away today, she passed away in her sleep with the family around her playing her music. Please play a song for her here or on my one talk thread

Such sad news.
Rest in peace Lesley Fowkes.
It is almost time for me to do my yearly recording of her beautifully composed Christmas carol.
Here is my last year's version.

I purchased a 'Flight Diana Soundwave Tenor Ukulele' a few days ago and can highly recommend It to anyone who like me is a nail biter who has to pad notes and a technophobe who can't be bothered with all the messing around with sound enhancing sites like Audacity or amping up. No electricity needed, no computer needed and nothing heavy or external to carry around to plug in , just pick it up turn on its built in amp unit , adjust the reverb, volume, chorus and delay dials to your preference and play anywhere. The only couple of downsides I can see far so is that its best to play It a little away from your body because of feedback when its tucked in close to you and Its probably best not to have all dial features set to high at the same time for the same reason. The volume with a hint of reverb Is key here to bring out your playing rather than using everything for sake of using everything Imo

Last edited:
they defo seem like really great ukes. i can't find a baritone version............................... which is probably for the best, for the sake of my wallet and the general uke overcrowding in my flat!!!

they defo seem like really great ukes. i can't find a baritone version............................... which is probably for the best, for the sake of my wallet and the general uke overcrowding in my flat!!!

These units are probably something that someone with a bit of know how could fit I would Image. I ran down my uke collection but like the tides at the seaside they go out but always eventually roll back in Lol

Pretty sure the company the makes the Soundwave system, Doubl, sell them as a standalone with the ability to fit in most ukes. Would sound great in a bari!

I just thought I'd say Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here on the Seasons post. Thank you.

Does anyone have any tips for searching your videos in YT to see what you have posted before? I’m getting to the point that scrolling through the list on my channel or in YT creator is too cumbersome for avoiding repeats. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom