Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! madness!!!!!!!!!!!!

re. what linda said, i dunno if it's to with how you set up your channel, i've never really fiddled with any settings.................

I haven't either. I just thought it must be something in the initial way the channel was set up.

Me: What do I know???

You: Not much!!

It looks like you can still manually type in "/about" after the rest of the url and it will take you to the about page with the message button.

I too am seeing all of these issues on YT. Sometmes YT has no problems with everything as it should be, and other times it's all messed up as described.

I've changed nothing on my computer except the normal updates to Firefox, and it seems that these issues came about after Firefox version 42. I've also read in the tech news about some collusion between Firefox and Google, so this might be a factor.

I refuse to install or use Chrome because literally ALL of your browsing habits are recorded and tracked by Google, and there is no way to block this as it's inside the program itself. This has been well documented on various tech sites, and that's too much exposure for me.

I cannot use Internet Exploder since I'm on Linux, but there are other browsers on Linux like Midori and Konqueror that I can try.

But I simply do not have the time for a deep-dive troubleshooting now to find the root cause, so I've decided, for the moment, to ride the wave of problems and still use Firefox (version 44).

I dunno if the YT RED thing is at fault or it's Google messing with incremental changes behind the scenes, but it's all pretty damn annoying to me.

A snippet of one of my old Seasons videos is going to be on German television this weekend! I'll post the link when it happens.

(to the tune of "Mexican Radio"):

I'm on a German TV show
I'm on a German, wo-oh, TV show

Just a quick note/word to say how much I appreciate all the people who have been so encouraging & posting comments on my Seasons videos.

(Going back over some of my original tunes, I can now see some improvement in my playing.)

Thank you. :)

keith, it is thrilling to be in on someone's early uke steps! especially as your early uke steps have been so impressive! i've been playing 4 years and i still can't do notes!!!!!!!!! i love what you do! :worship:

Thanks Lynda - it took a giant leap of faith for me to start posting videos online, but it does help when looking back to be able to see some improvement in ones own playing - truth be known, my left hand doesn't seem to like chord shapes, maybe, after a lot more practice, it will find them easier, but for now I'm enjoying the melody lines. :)

mate, we have this all sorted between the two of us! i'll do the chords, you do the tricky stuff, those impossible note things!

*and so between the both of them, they licked the platter clean!* lol! :rock:

Just received my two new music books (2pm), so I shouldn't have to search the internet now for something to 'play' for the Seasons thread. :)

The Daily Ukulele - 365 Songs for Better Living (Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Songbooks)

The Daily Ukulele: Leap Year Edition: 366 More Great Songs for Better Living (Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Songbooks)

(Once I found out they had the melody lines as well as chord patterns & lyrics, it was a no brainer to get them, so I can make my own tabs from them.) :cool:

Just received my two new music books (2pm), so I shouldn't have to search the internet now for something to 'play' for the Seasons thread. :)

The Daily Ukulele - 365 Songs for Better Living (Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Songbooks)

The Daily Ukulele: Leap Year Edition: 366 More Great Songs for Better Living (Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Songbooks)

(Once I found out they had the melody lines as well as chord patterns & lyrics, it was a no brainer to get them, so I can make my own tabs from them.) :cool:

Keith, these were PHENOMENAL books to get! You'll have so much fun exploring them and they truly are different enough to warrant having both! I'm thrilled for you!

Plenty of material in those books, Keith. Also having the notation for the music is useful, especially if you are wanting to play instrumentals.

You don't need to stick to ukulele specific books. I have various "busker" type fake books which do just as well and when I'm in a music shop, I will check piano and keyboard books. Most ukulele song books are words and chords only and even though I'm a singer, I don't really like that (though I have a few). I much prefer to have the musical notation as well. If I've got the music, I can figure out the chords so they're useful but not essential.

The other day, whilst browsing the web, as you do, I came across some plastic concert ukes being sold on clearance, (£19.96 including postage), so I took a chance & ordered one.

It's a Brunswick with a 'picture' of a 'reindeer' (I use those words lightly) on it - & to my great surprise, it actually sounds O.K.!

So another concert joins my collection for less than 20 quid. :music:

Top Bottom