Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

i have one of those! well it has a reindeer (i'm pretty sure it's rudolph!) and a snowman, in a winter scene, on it. i love it, although i find those plastic ukes (i also have a sky blue one, same construction, but korala brand) go out of tune like a bandit when held against the hotness of my body :eek: :uhoh: but it doesn't stop me using them for uke vids! :rock:

The other day, whilst browsing the web, as you do, I came across some plastic concert ukes being sold on clearance, (£19.96 including postage), so I took a chance & ordered one.

It's a Brunswick with a 'picture' of a 'reindeer' (I use those words lightly) on it - & to my great surprise, it actually sounds O.K.!

So another concert joins my collection for less than 20 quid. :music:

I recently got one of those plastic Waterman ukes by Kala and I do not like it. The action is atrociously high and because of its design it can't be adjusted, or so I've been led to believe.

I've one of the Korala ones - also a concert. It's OK. One of the tuners is a bit sticky. It's useful as a loan uke.

I have an Alic soprano which is plastic body & fretboard (on a wood neck) and laminate top (as per Flea/Fluke). It's surprisingly good.

Yeah that is ultra special awesome. I hope you sealed it so it won't get worn off Jon. We know how you like to dance around that fretboard and rap out rhythm too!

Blahgh! Another sleep study tonight at the sleep center. Which basically means NO sleep. Who can sleep when you know people are watching you and you're so wired...get it?....wired?? Well guess you would have to have had a study to know what I'm talking about. Good night all :)

Such a nice place to be in this this Seasons haven :music: chatting with you all here.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I tried to record a couple of tunes, but it kept going wrong again, so I gave up & started to have another go at sight reading.

Then today I had another try (at sight reading), & I am improving, not a lot but I definately was better.

So, what I'm saying is, if something is not working out, leave it, & try something else.

(Better than losing your temper with something. :) )

Greetings,

Late to comment, but those hand painted ukes are fantastic (Jon and Joo).
wow

I often find if I sleep on it and pick it up first thing in the morning it will often just suddenly be there. Something about that consolidation while you sleep.

Yesterday, I tried to record a couple of tunes, but it kept going wrong again, so I gave up & started to have another go at sight reading.

Then today I had another try (at sight reading), & I am improving, not a lot but I definately was better.

So, what I'm saying is, if something is not working out, leave it, & try something else.

(Better than losing your temper with something. :) )

Top Bottom