Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Some information. No music.

Cheers for this Alan - just taking my first few tentative steps into amplifying my uke and using effects - just ordered one of these to play around with. Certainly seems like a good piece of kit!

For thoes who care, I found this mashup of "Streets of Loredo" Use your own cords. I'd record this but I am sans Recording thingie just now.

As I was dumped out on the streets of El Paso
As I was dumped out in El Paso one day
I met a pendejo with two tiny manos
Yes, two tiny manos and hair stacked like hay.

"I see by your outfit that you are a Meskin"
These words did he say as I laughed at his looks.
"Go back to Honduras or some other country –
You people are rapists and dealers and crooks"

"Pendejo", I answered, "tu hija es puta –
You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
Go off and suck up to the Russians and Saudis
You overweight idiot, liar and clown."

Not PC but fits the days news cycle.

Hey everyone, my old computer died a couple of days ago. So my legacy version of Windows Movie Maker is gone forever. I'm looking for a video editor that's as easy to use and as simple as WMM. I'll be back a.s.a.p., but it might be a while before I get everything figured out with this new computer.

Hey everyone, my old computer died a couple of days ago. So my legacy version of Windows Movie Maker is gone forever. I'm looking for a video editor that's as easy to use and as simple as WMM. I'll be back a.s.a.p., but it might be a while before I get everything figured out with this new computer.

Which operating system?

Two years ago I tried Openshot and ShortCut Video editor for Windows 10. Or was it Windows 8 at the time.

Back then the Openshot Windows edition didnt run on my PC. Chrashed all the time and couldnt render even the smallest video. I dont know if they fixed it since. On Linux it should run smoothly as far as I have been told.

Shortcut video editor did run most of the time, but sometimes the render was not as good quality as I expected.

Both softwares were relatively simple, with toturials av available on youtube. Anyway, I was looking for something with a few more features than movie maker. After trying them I went back, since movie maker was more stable.

Last edited:
OpenShot is what I use. It has it's faults but it makes acceptable videos.

I'm on Linux Mint. Until I recently upgraded my OS, I was using v1.4 which was fairly stable but it did crash if you tried adding to many clips to it. With my upgraded OS, I now have v2.x which has improved in some areas but it needs more resources than my computer has. However, I'm used to it and as I mainly create slide shows, I find it works OK if I add the pictures and set them up and test the video then add the audio. With the audio, my computer struggles to play back while in the editor but I find it renders OK so I'll stick with it.

Hmmm - the latest posts to Andy's season 360 aren't showing up for me within the thread. According to the main UU forum list, Trent (Recovering Bassist) and Friesse have added vids since Andy's last post but they aren't there when I've clicked on the link to go to them. Anyone else getting this? :confused:

Mmmmm...some strange things happening on UU today. When I look at the main UU Forums page, I can see that the latest post in the Contests section is in Season 360, by Cazteclo at 12.33pm. But if I go to that thread, it ends with Andy's summary at 6.26am. And I can't get to see anything after that.

Is it just me?

Mmmmm...some strange things happening on UU today. When I look at the main UU Forums page, I can see that the latest post in the Contests section is in Season 360, by Cazteclo at 12.33pm. But if I go to that thread, it ends with Andy's summary at 6.26am. And I can't get to see anything after that.

Is it just me?

Oh, that's even weirder - when I clicked on Post, I got the message about having to wait 30 seconds between posts - but I haven't posted anything for a couple of days.

Anyone else having probs trying to post at the moment? Been trying to put a song on Andy’s season 360 but not able to for some reason :(

Shoot video on your Smartphone and edit for titles and effects with PowerDirector.

My phone records really lousy audio. It sounds terrible. When I do use my phone, I record the audio with my computer & Blue Snowball mic at the same time and then sync them up. I started using ShotCut.

Top Bottom