Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I'm so sorry to hear that. Surly-Mac was one of the regulars when I started on the seasons, and I always enjoyed his contributions, and his humour. Thank you for letting us know.
You're so welcome, Steve. He adored helping others and sharing warm laughter along the way. He was a fine representative of all that's so wonderful about the Seasons, as you are, Steve.

You're so welcome, Steve. He adored helping others and sharing warm laughter along the way. He was a fine representative of all that's so wonderful about the Seasons, as you are, Steve.
He had a fine voice and I thought he was a great harmonica player

And he loved his ukes. There was so much to admire in his playing, as you say, Rob.
Tahnk you Linda for letting us know. This is very sad news. I loved Surly-Mac. Scott was a really funny and talented guy with a very generous encouraging heart. He will surely be missed tons! Do you know the details of his passing Linda?

Tahnk you Linda for letting us know. This is very sad news. I loved Surly-Mac. Scott was a really funny and talented guy with a very generous encouraging heart. He will surely be missed tons! Do you know the details of his passing Linda?
Scott passed on April 12th while in the hospital. He had a kidney infection and several other g.i. issues. You're so right, Linda; he loved helping others and always brought his great sense of humor to the party. And how very talented a musician and recording artist he was!

Stick with me on this one, folks - all should become clear the further you read.

When I was a kid I read a book called ‘The Faraway Tree’, by Enid Blyton. (In fact she wrote a series of books about The Faraway Tree, and I read them all.) And when my daughter was younger I read them to her, and she loved them every bit as much as I did.

The Faraway Tree was the tallest tree deep in an enchanted forest. At the very top of the tree was a ladder that disappeared up into a cloud. And at the top of the ladder was a magical land. Every week the land would move away, to be replaced by an entirely different magical land. A family of children discovered the tree and its secret portal into these amazing places, and had lots of wonderful adventures in them.

So, I’ve just realised that the Seasons of the Ukulele is our very own Faraway Tree. The changing themes are the changing magical lands at the top. And we are the lucky children who get to have a different adventure in them every week.

Thanks to you all for making this special little corner of the internet such a lovely place to be! :)

That is SO sweet, Del! (I never read the "Faraway Tree" books, although I was very keen on "The Famous Five" at one time.) And I have just become "seriously likeable" ... which is quite perplexing and distinctly odd! Has anyone else won this prestigious award from the Forum?

Last edited:
Stick with me on this one, folks - all should become clear the further you read.

When I was a kid I read a book called ‘The Faraway Tree’, by Enid Blyton. (In fact she wrote a series of books about The Faraway Tree, and I read them all.) And when my daughter was younger I read them to her, and she loved them every bit as much as I did.

The Faraway Tree was the tallest tree deep in an enchanted forest. At the very top of the tree was a ladder that disappeared up into a cloud. And at the top of the ladder was a magical land. Every week the land would move away, to be replaced by an entirely different magical land. A family of children discovered the tree and its secret portal into these amazing places, and had lots of wonderful adventures in them.

So, I’ve just realised that the Seasons of the Ukulele is our very own Faraway Tree. The changing themes are the changing magical lands at the top. And we are the lucky children who get to have a different adventure in them every week.

Thanks to you all for making this special little corner of the internet such a lovely place to be! :)
That is sweet Del. It would be nice, when we pass, unfortunately like Surly Mac and several other Seasonista‘s, perhaps we go to that magic land. The one that has any ukulele and every ukulele you could imagine to play.

That is SO sweet, Del! (I never read the "Faraway Tree" books, although I was very keen on "The Famous Five" at one time.) And I have just become "seriously likeable" ... which is quite perplexing and distinctly odd! Has anyone else won this prestigious award from the Forum?
I don’t know the “seriously likable” that you speak of. Tell us more. But, you know you really are seriously likable!

I just wanted to say that it would be nice to get back to the time when all Seasons had just one theme. Not multiple to try to please all. There are too many multiple themes and it is hard to keep track of what things we have played around with.
Even with the list we have. For it is getting quite long!

The world NEEDS a medley of "give that wolf a banana" and "what does the fox say?"
I watched Eurovision this year for the first time in forever and it was enormous fun. And the UK even had a decent song! I'm already practising "Give That Wolf A Banana" for whenever there's a relevant season. If you don't like the name Keith Imma call you Jim!

Top Bottom