Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

In April, I did a video in Season 531 of a circa-1980 song from the Boston band Human Sexual Response called "Jackie Onassis". Apparently this song was even more obscure than I thought, because YouTube is STILL checking into the copyright status of the song.
they may not like the title

gee. I think I might have watched everything for this season.
Watching and listening to some Dr Bekken now, as many of you might know him.
He just posted a totally beautiful video of him playing his vintage melodica in a garage.

and a couple of his older uke videos. Ah I love listening to him play so much. Hope these make you all smile too.

In case anyone thinks I spend all my time faffing about on the ukulele, singing silly songs, THIS is what a wild mountain woman has to contend with once a year when she lives halfway up a hill in South West France and wants to stay warm over winter. Today, I have shifted and stacked one cord of wood, being 128 cubic feet. I am feeling inordinately proud and my back aches!

View attachment 144209
It is good when the family can share the load.

I wish I had requested for someone to cover this song for Ylle's Home Again season. What a beautiful and moving performance by Moreland. Moved to tears when I heard it.

Attachments

• Full Rack.JPG
    Full Rack.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Back Door Kindling.JPG
    Back Door Kindling.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This, by the house, and a 1/2 full woodshed. We just love a fire in the FP.
Since we seem to be having a "my wood pile is bigger than your wood pile" competition, here is mine for this year. I only took a photo of one side of the barn, there is a similar amount on the other side.

Attachments

• 20221006_161627 (1)_copy_1224x1632_4.jpg
    20221006_161627 (1)_copy_1224x1632_4.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 8
I've been sitting on this thought for a while now but I've gotten repeated comments that I should sing in my entries.

But you may as well be asking me to play bassoon since voice is not really my instrument of choice. And I arrange my entries the way I want to play them.

I highly doubt anyone wants to hear me sing off key and out of time...

Secondly, some of you might be thinking that the use of backing tracks might be considered cheating...I use them occasionally to a) stay on key and b) stay on time....it gets difficult to put 5 or 6 individual parts of music together if one of those isn't right.

And is it really cheating if I'm having to spend hours, sometimes days, learning multiple parts vs me singing and strumming for a half an hour?

I know you all mean well, but I participate in the Seasons to improve my playing. I choose the instruments I use for a reason. Please respect that.

I've been sitting on this thought for a while now but I've gotten repeated comments that I should sing in my entries.

But you may as well be asking me to play bassoon since voice is not really my instrument of choice. And I arrange my entries the way I want to play them.

I highly doubt anyone wants to hear me sing off key and out of time...

Secondly, some of you might be thinking that the use of backing tracks might be considered cheating...I use them occasionally to a) stay on key and b) stay on time....it gets difficult to put 5 or 6 individual parts of music together if one of those isn't right.

And is it really cheating if I'm having to spend hours, sometimes days, learning multiple parts vs me singing and strumming for a half an hour?

I know you all mean well, but I participate in the Seasons to improve my playing. I choose the instruments I use for a reason. Please respect that.
As far as I’m concerned, it’s the end result that counts. If it sounds good, it is good. When I multitrack, I play and sing all the parts myself, but that isn’t the only way. Keep doing what you do. :)

I had no idea where to post this - I didn't want to cast a pall over John's excellent week; but this isn't yakking and joshing either. My very dear husband, who, some of you may be aware, had a serious fall a few weeks ago, died at home this morning. This was very sudden and unexpected and I am trying to come to terms with it. For obvious reasons, I won´t be around on The Seasons for a bit. But I WILL be back - I really appreciate the camaraderie which our group engenders. Meanwhile, my love to you all. X

Last edited:
I had no idea where to post this - I didn't want to cast a pall over John's excellent week; but this isn't yakking and joshing either. My very dear husband, who, some of you may be aware, had a serious fall a few weeks ago, died at home this morning. This was very sudden and unexpected and I am trying to come to terms with it. For obvious reasons, I won´t be around on The Seasons for a bit. But I WILL be back - I really appreciate the camaraderie which our group engenders. Meanwhile, my love to you all. X
Oh, Val - I'm so sorry! Know that the whole Seasons family here is sending you hugs and love and lifting you up in our hearts. We are here for you. 💕

Oh what a terrible shock.
I look forward to your return when ready. Please accept my condolences.

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Val.
I hope that your family can be with you for the next days, and that you'll find lots of strength in sharing precious memories you have of Harry. We'll be here for you when you're ready. Thinking of you and sending you lots of love.

Reactions: joo
Top Bottom