Page 334 of 340 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3393

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

thanks for the lead on a place to make some thumbnails for my videos!
    Ukulele player since November 2013 and started playing toy piano in July of 2019. Lover of electric ukulele!

IG: @harmonysssmurf
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFt..._as=subscriber
    FB: Kelly Letourneau
    SC: https://soundcloud.com/stargazer-smurf

Bio:
    Interests: Astronomy, magic the gathering, ukulele, toy piano, clarinet and my kitties!

Ukulele player since November 2013 and started playing toy piano in July of 2019. Lover of electric ukulele!

Bio:
    Interests: Astronomy, magic the gathering, ukulele, toy piano, clarinet and my kitties!

Quote Originally Posted by Joko View Post
    Gotta love it when things come together completely by accident and chance. SO tonight I was making a thumbnail on canva.com on an entry Jon and I collab'd on... Here's the thumbnail I made on purpose:

Not bad, right?

I enjoy making up goofy band names too. WHile making that, this accidentally came through

I can't see the thumbnail in your post, but remember it from the video.

I had no clue that there was dedicated software for making thumbnails. I just use my go to image editing software, GIMP, when making a thumbnail.

The Gnu Image Manipulation Program is open source and completely free to use. Unlimited use.
    But I guess there is a bit more to learn.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Just read some sites about what makes a good thumbnail.
    Omg, I use too little yellow!
    Apparently you want a head shot close enough to see the white in the eyes, a very emotional expression on the face. And yellow. Dont forget yellow.

I am doing it wrong.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    Just read some sites about what makes a good thumbnail.
    Omg, I use too little yellow!
    Apparently you want a head shot close enough to see the white in the eyes, a very emotional expression on the face. And yellow. Dont forget yellow.

I am doing it wrong.
    What on earth are you talking about????
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    What on earth are you talking about????
    You know the thumbnail, the little picture you clock on to view a video on Youtube, which is also displayed where you embed the video in your post, until people click it.

YouTube lets you choose from three frames from your video, or you can upload a picture you want as a thumbnail. I often do the latter, since youtube tends to pick frames where I look like I am in pain or something. Also I like to add text.

The thumb should be a picture, preferably 720 by 1280 pixels.

Studies show that some pictures make more people click your video. Having the color yellow should be a good idea.

Yellow => sunshine => sunny days => happy
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    You know the thumbnail, the little picture you clock on to view a video on Youtube, which is also displayed where you embed the video in your post, until people click it.

YouTube lets you choose from three frames from your video, or you can upload a picture you want as a thumbnail. I often do the latter, since youtube tends to pick frames where I look like I am in pain or something. Also I like to add text.

The thumb should be a picture, preferably 720 by 1280 pixels.

Studies show that some pictures make more people click your video. Having the color yellow should be a good idea.
    Oh, right - one needs to look jaundiced to attract attention! (Perhaps it makes people feel sorry for you.)
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

The things Rob and Ylle have been keeping from us:

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

seen that video. was epic and I'll watch again.

I almost had a NUD, but the website that advertised up to 50% off a single item only offered me 5% off. Far from enough of a discount to entice an order from me. I also tried a bunch of other Honey discount codes and they were all for different regions. FML. guess I will save up a little more for the Fender Jazzmaster uke instead.

Bio:

Thread Information