Page 341 of 349 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3482

Thread: Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Joko View Post
    I think Facebook Groups would definitely be the way to go. I know threre are some people who take issue with their business practices, what have you, but it's still the place where:
    a. the good majority of seasonistas are already present, some of use quite a lot. Most of us are quite familiar wiht how it works.
    b. One thread could be a season, or better yet, they have a "topic" tag function in groups. Just tag your post Week 424, and all the week 424 posts show up on one click.

c. The world speaks Facebook. Some people have a problem with English as a world language because of it's presence as a hangover of colonialism and imperialism. No one's suggestong we swtich to Urdu of Banti tomorrow.
    I am on Facebook, but I like to keep my ukeing separate.
    Until recently I went "face less" in my videos, to keep some anonymity. When I sing out of tune in a online ukulele group, I kind of like to not having the audience know my full name, where I work etc.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

i have just started using facebook - it is such a messy platform - you see something and then go back to find it and who knows where it went.
    Good way to keep up with distant family. But not a place for the seasons imho.
    I know you can have groups 'by invitation only' but that is not the way the seasons works.....

If it's FB I'm out. Not an ultimatum, just a strong statement of preference. Any other solution is fine.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    So today I found out that trying to fish out a black string from the side sound hole of my ebony uke because of its through-body bridge is incredibly frustrating without a torch and a crochet hook.
    LOL!!!!! i can imagine - it can be infuriating even when you can see the string!!!!!
    lynda

acid skiffle

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    So today I found out that trying to fish out a black string from the side sound hole of my ebony uke because of its through-body bridge is incredibly frustrating without a torch and a crochet hook.
    haha. totally empathising mate. i have a few ukes with the string through bridge set up.
    a test of patience and character. then you have to go through it all again when you put a new one on.

Got sniped in an auction for a Jupiter clarinet but got lucky with the next auction. Got this Vito resin clarinet that appears to have good cork and pads for 30 bucks shipped on shopgoodwill. Their ukes are usually beginner fodder but occasionally have a good one there if someone in the states wants to check them out.

vito clarinet.jpg
    Ukulele player since November 2013 and started playing toy piano in July of 2019. Lover of electric ukulele!

IG: @harmonysssmurf
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFt..._as=subscriber
    FB: Kelly Letourneau
    SC: https://soundcloud.com/stargazer-smurf

Bio:
    Interests: Astronomy, magic the gathering, ukulele, toy piano, clarinet and my kitties!

Just a quick word about hosting. Just at the tail end of my week (season 424) and I wanted to say to anyone who hasn’t hosted before (or even hasn’t hosted in a while) and is considering doing it - go for it! One of the things I enjoy most about hosting is that extra level of interaction with each and every member of this very special little community. It’s a great way to really feel a part of what happens here and a lot of fun! Thank you for reading - if indeed you still are!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

i'm still reading! and i agree with everything you say!
    lynda

acid skiffle

Thank you for reading - if indeed you still are!
    Yeah.......I got to the end too....

I have to admit, it can be fun to host, just don't take it too seriously.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

I think Ernie Ball forgot they were making strings for ukuleles. They're billed as a soprano/concert set. I reckon you could probably get two soprano lengths out of them.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Thread Information