Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I watched it after the thing was over. Piers does fab harmonies. I was wondering how he did that and then i read about the loop pedal.
It was a nice stream.
Thanks for listening, I'm glad you liked it! Piers is a really good singer and that looping system he's got is a nice bit of kit. I think it's a combination of some hardware and iPad software (Loopy Pro). He's a computer programmer so I gather he's also enjoyed himself customising it in various ways.

You are really good live Edwin. It's like you do this everyday:--)
There was a thing came up at some point in the chat, I'm pretty sure that spending a lot of my day job in front of an audience, even if it's a very different kind of audience doing a different thing, has helped me be comfortable in this sort of thing. It's interesting how these skills transfer into very different situations. Anyway, I had lots of fun with it and it was nice seeing comments in the chat too.

With this video, I think I can say without hyperbole, I've pretty much finished the worst moving house experience of my adult life.

Oh, dear, it's me again ... SORRY!!! I do appreciate ALL the comments that I get for my videos - it's nice to think that people take the trouble to listen - but I am totally flummoxed at one which turned up today on a song I did a while ago. It came from someone who called me "Graham" and went on to say that the song I played was from one of his "fave" Beatles' albums. I can only assume that this person wasn't paying attention because It wasn't a Beatles' song and my name isn't Graham ... so, if this comment was for our very own Bystander Graham; then I pass it on with my best wishes; although I have no idea which song it was intended for.Screenshot 2024-03-11 10.18.37.png

Last edited:
Old bones are not made for sledging, but the grandkids enjoyed it even though there were bumps and crashes.

• Love
Reactions: joo
Oh, dear, it's me again ... SORRY!!! I do appreciate ALL the comments that I get for my videos - it's nice to think that people take the trouble to listen - but I am totally flummoxed at one which turned up today on a song I did a while ago. It came from someone who called me "Graham" and went on to say that the song I played was from one of his "fave" Beatles' albums. I can only assume that this person wasn't paying attention because It wasn't a Beatles' song and my name isn't Graham ... so, if this comment was for our very own Bystander Graham; then I pass it on with my best wishes; although I have no idea which song it was intended for.View attachment 168263
Was there a song by our Graham on the playlist just before yours Val? I’ve been caught out before where I going though the playlist, and filling in my comment when before I‘ve posted the next vid is already playing. You can easily comment on the wrong song.

Good thought, John, but I just checked (it was Season 622, but the comment only just came up) - Graham is nowhere in sight! Perhaps I'm a Graham, too ... and no one ever told me! Anyway, it's not really of any consequence and isn't really of any interest to anyone but me ... it just seemed weird!

Good thought, John, but I just checked (it was Season 622, but the comment only just came up) - Graham is nowhere in sight! Perhaps I'm a Graham, too ... and no one ever told me! Anyway, it's not really of any consequence and isn't really of any interest to anyone but me ... it just seemed weird!
I’m Graham! And so is my wife!

Next time I host, I'm thinking about running the same theme concurrently on Reddit and making a giant playlist. It's a thought I've had before, but was a tiny bit lazy in executing.

Next time I host, I'm thinking about running the same theme concurrently on Reddit and making a giant playlist. It's a thought I've had before, but was a tiny bit lazy in executing.
What is Reddit exactly? It has come up for me when I’ve asked questions on Google before..like with a bunch of people’s answers to a similar question that had been asked there..but I never really understood what that platform was all about.

^ It's basically like the old BBS forums from back in the day with specific sections for whatever niche interest you have (for example, ukulele).

Hi all,

Sorry I havent been participating lately.
Still getting used to the family life, with the little one in daycare and both my wife and I back at work. Still havent figured out when to sneak in uke time, I dont want to wake up the little guy when we finally have a couple of hours for ourselves after he is asleep. Soon it might be warm enough that I can bring my uke to the greenhouse 😆.

While it is hard to actually play music without waking him, it is easier to write in this forum.
In case some of you havent seen, I am hosting an audio only ukulele contest in the "Ukulele Contests" sub forum. I would be delighted if a bunch of you would participate 🙂.
There is also a prize. Look in the contests sub forum!

When it was uncertain whether UU would continue hosting a forum at all some of us tried Reddit. Ryan and I were the admins. You’re welccome to try but our previous experiment went less than well.

speaking for myself, I like the idea of trying to expand the Seasons reach, but I worry about atomizing the group here.

Top Bottom