Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD: Magic Fluke Co.; Custom Koa Tenor Fluke has arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    The Koa selection is really nice. The rosewood fretboard blends in and looks great. Owning a walnut fluke with poly keyboard has me envious. I like my fluke but don't love it. I think I could really get into a Koa top or Adirondack spruce top with rosewood fretboard. I would love to hear sound samples. I've always felt the laminate tops restricting sound wise on my Fluke.
    Is b band a under saddle transducer?

Congratulations.
    Yes, I was very fortunate to get such a great wood combination. Dale and Phyliss seem to have made the right call with going with quality wood acquisitions. Keep in mind their Spruce is Adirondack Spruce which gets a lot of accolades in the guitar realm for it's tonal performance. So if Spruce is on your mind, you would likely be happy with what they source.

The B-Band mic mounts between the bridge and saddle. Here is a link that explains more... http://www.magicfluke.com/help_options.asp?ID=63

I'll try and get some sound samples posted over the weekend...

Wow, that's the nicest Fluke I've ever seen. Congrats!
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Flight TUS-35

She is a beauty! I have had a Fluke for many years. They are a great sounding Uke and built to last. You will get many years of joy from that one
    Perry Bullinger
    Covered Bridge Ukuleles

Quote Originally Posted by kkimura View Post
    Wow, that's the nicest Fluke I've ever seen. Congrats!
    Thanks! Yes, I am really overjoyed with the results of how this Fluke turned out. It's always a leap of faith going into a Custom Build of anything, especially a musical instrument without truly knowing what the end results of all the varying components will yield. The result that the Magic Fluke staff have delivered has far exceeded all of my expectations.

What a fantastic instrument! The absolute pinnacle of Flukedom.

Really nice grain on the top, and that fretboard is incredible. Will we be getting a sound sample?

Scooter
    Last edited by ScooterD35; 11-02-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    Martin Konter Uke Style 1K soprano
    Late 40's Martin Style 1 soprano
    Soprano Martin Backpacker Ukulele
    Soprano “Uke Can Change The World” Flea
    Soprano Firefly (wood fretboard)
    iUke Bound Natural Pineapple piccolo mini
    Concert Tie-Dye Flea (wood fretboard)
    Concert Eddy Finn moon and Stars
    Concert Oscar Schmidt Mousekulele
    Tenor Koa Fluke (wood fretboard)
    Tenor Mainland Mahogany slothead

"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a Ukulele."
    ~Linus Van Pelt~

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterD35 View Post
    What a fantastic instrument! The absolute pinnacle of Flukedom.

Really nice grain on the top, and that fretboard is incredible. Will we be getting a sound sample?

Scooter
    Thanks Scooter! When I get my ZOOM back from my daughter who borrowed it for a school project, I'll get some sound samples uploaded... In the meantime, I had the Koa Fluke out just a few times and I am so very happy with the results. I've always been mainly an unplugged/acoustic-only player, other than my electric guitars. So this, of course, is my first B-Band in any ukulele I have ever owned and I can now say with great certainty that I get why so many people recommend them! It takes an already nice sounding tone to a whole other spectrum of sound. Almost like taking a grey painting and applying a full palette of colors and depth to it. And that result was just plugging in with only a volume adjustment through an inexpense little Kala amp. I can only imagine how this Fluke would sound through a proper system...

Beautiful!!

I'll bet that cost a mint. (I'd a paid it too)
    You, sir, are the devil. --Tammy
    10:32789

Quote Originally Posted by consitter View Post
    Beautiful!!

I'll bet that cost a mint. (I'd a paid it too)
    Thanks, yes, from the list of choices no options were left on the table with this build. And being allowed to hand-select the wood to be used from their "preferred stock" really made this one special. Every top option offered was employed which indeed drove the price way up there, but it was more than well worth it as the assembly is perfect in every manner. It plays like a dream due to the exquisite set-up and build tolerances, and has a big balanced sound.

Quote Originally Posted by ukuleleden View Post
    All I can say so far is if any one is considering ordering from the Magic Fluke company, expect to be treated with utmost care and respect by the nicest people I have had the pleasure of working with in any musical instrument order ever. This hand built in Sheffield, MA Fluke shows extreme attention to detail, and only confirms all the accolades shared by the many Fluke, Flea and Firefly owners that routinely praise their instruments. More to come, but for the meantime here are the photos link:

Unboxing photos:

https://goo.gl/photos/f4z9jJa2APx2YZwJ9
    I had the same experience working with the Magic Fluke company when I bought a flea that was a factory second - and I think it speaks well of them that they gave the same level of care to someone buying the cheapest uke they sell.
    Blackbird Clara
    Concert Flea
    Pono MB
    Deering Goodtime Banjo Uke (concert)
    Gold Tone Little Gem Banjo Uke
    Gold Tone Resouke
    Gold Tone Microbass
    Deering Goodtime Special (5-string banjo)

Buckle Up
    http://ut.zerofatalities.com/

That's a fabulous Fluke, I'm happy for you!

In case anyone else is interested (I was), the B-Band electronics option can't be retro fitted. For that you have to go K&K transducer that is soundboard mounted. So if anyone wants B-Band, you gotta get it when you get the uke. It drives the price up about $150. I don't have one, but if/when I order a Magic Fluke uke again, I wouldn't hesitate to add the B-Band.

Thread Information